20 | I Could Never

Start from the beginning

      Not that I can complain. I have a wilder color than she does.

      Yoongi has envisioned reuniting with her too many times to count, the thought has been constantly on his mind ever since he left her seven years ago, but he'd never once in all those seven years expected to meet her like this. He has always expected it to be a happy event, maybe even a little tearful, but not a chase. And he doesn't like this. He doesn't like this at all; but there's not much Yoongi can do about it except keep running and hope he catches up eventually.

      So he does.

      At least all that awful exercise is coming in handy.

     Her silver hair streams out behind her as she darts down the street, and Yoongi is surprised she can even run this fast when her legs are that short. (AN: Short people problems... T T) She's probably only grown 6 inches since Yoongi last saw her (about 15 centimeters), and the obvious lack of meat on her small frame bothers Yoongi even more than that fact that she's running away from him. The small knot of worry growing in his gut spurs the pale boy to sprint even faster, and he regrets wearing sandals. 

      "Byeol-ah!" Yoongi shouts out after her, ignoring all the strange looks the sprinting pair are receiving from the other pedestrians casually walking on the sidewalk, "Byeol-ah! Please, stop!"

      The only response he gets from the fleeing girl is for her to run even faster than before, nearly tripping over her own two feet. Yoongi's overprotective nature urges him to shout at her to be more careful, but the given situation causes him to regretfully swallow the words.

       Why is she running from me? Am I that scary looking? I mean, green hair might be a little off-putting, but I don't think it's that bad. ...does she not love me anymore? Does she hate me for leaving her?

       "Byeol-ah!" Yoongi tries again, the words sounding desperate in his own ears, "Wait! Please, I just want to see you!"

      B continues to run as if he didn't say anything at all; her soft-soled sneakers barely making a sound on the grey cement beneath their feet. 

      The panic starts to settles in when the thought that maybe Byeol won't stop running crosses his already racing mind. Suga's lungs start to burn with a mixture of a lack of oxygen and desperation at the forbidden thought. Yoongi has just found her after seven years. Seven years. And he is not going to let her out of his sight anytime soon; even if it means burning lungs and aching legs. 

      Please don't run away from me. Please don't hate me. I'll do anything- anything. I just need you here with me. I need you.  

       He helplessly stretches out his hands towards what he longs for as he calls out one last time, Yoongi's voice cracking as he struggles to keep his composure.

      "Princess, please!" For once in his life the pale man doesn't even try to hide the pain coursing through him; he lets it show through the agony-filled tears streaking from his dark eyes and in the panic stricken expression on his face, "I miss you so much. I need you!"

      And finally, finally, her legs still.

      Yoongi, still running at full speed, barrels into the tiny girl and crushes her into his chest; heaving as he presses what he treasures most as close to himself as possible. He trembles madly as he holds her, and some part of him urges to pick her up and twirl her in circles in glee. A greater part of him, however, keeps him clutching onto her like this; his iron grip as gentle as a feather.