Chapter 34: Healing

Cupcakes POV:
Another day, another operation.
Rurik has been getting so many operations that I can't keep track. They won't even tell me what they're for! And I'm his wife for gods sake!

I was sitting on my bed. Worried. Like always. I'm just waiting for a call from the hospital, either for them to tell me that Rurik was okay or he died.

One....

Two....

Three....

Three hours passed and no phone call. 'I'll just call them myself!' I thought as I reached my phone.
Suddenly the hospital rings.
"About time.." I mutter as I press accept.
"Hello?"

"Is Rurik okay?!"

"Yes mrs he's doing well. Actually he's awake and he wants to see you.."

"I'll be right there!" I say as I hung up.
I grab my bag and leg it (leg it: run really really REALLY fast somewhere) to the Underswap portal.

After the horrible trip I ran to the hospital. A nurse directed me to Ruriks room even though I know where it is.

I entered the room. He was sitting up. Smiling like an idiot. "CUPCAKE!" He yells as he tries to get up.

I run over to him and kneel beside his bed. "YOU IDIOT! YOU SCARED ME TO DEATH! I-I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO DIE!" I screamed through tears.

"I'm sorry Cupcake.." he mutters. I hug him gently.

"J-just don't d-do that t-t-to me ever a-again!" I stutter.

Ruriks POV:
She's so loving. I'm so lucky that I got her. But I'm not sure if she still wants the divorce. I rub circles on her back to calm her. Surprisingly it did.

"Cupcake? Can I ask you something?" I say after a while of hugging. She nods.

"I know you probably hate me for everything I've done to you but I still love you.... d-do you love me?"

"......."

"What kind of question is that?! Of course I do!"

I sigh in relief. She loves me and I love her. That's all that matters. "Cupcake... do you still want a divorce?" I ask with some hesitation.

"No... you need me! You can't take care of yourself!" She says, still crying. I wipe those ugly tears off her beautiful face.

I pull her up on the bed. We start to cuddle. Just cuddle. We haven't done this in a while. It was nice.

No ones POV:
Rurik and Cupcake cuddled for a while before the doctor came in.

"He's going to be alright. Just rest for a few days. You can go if you like." The doctor says.

They both nod without hesitation. Rurik wanted to go home. Away from the horrible hospital food and very uncomfortable bed.

They walk out the hospital hand in hand. Little did they know that someone is still trying to break them apart.. no matter what.