Chapter 17: Constellations

Ruriks POV:
It was the morning of her surgery. They wouldn't tell me what it was for. All I knew that there was a high success rate so thats good.
After the surgery I was approached by an overly happy nurse.
"She'll be better by next week! She's just a little week!"

"Yeah,yeah. Now can you please tell me what was wrong with her?"

"We had to replace a piece of her skull."

"What?! Why?!"

"Every skeleton has it done when they're born but apparently she didn't."

"I see... May I see her?"

"Of course"

The nurse led me to a overly sterile room. She was asleep. I could where they replaced the piece of her skull. I was a little darker then her skull but nothing too much to notice. I heard a groan. Cupcake probably woke up. I looked over at her to see her stretching her back. "How you feelin?" I ask. She does a 50-50 motion with her hand. I laugh and sit on a chair. She lays back. "OUCH!" She yells and places her hand on her skull. I jump and run over. "Do you want me to a get a doctor?" I ask urgently. She shakes her head no.

Cupcakes POV:
~time skip (a month later) brought to you by D'OH

Everything is back to normal. Except for the part that Rurik won't hit my skull.
So I was binge watching the Simpsons at 1 am. Y'know whatcha do. I had the TV up at full volume because Rurik had another lady friend over. It didn't drown out all of their noises so I had to end up banging on the wall and telling them to "SHUT THE FUCK UP" buuuuttttt they didn't listen. I got up and climbed out the window. I climbed up to the roof and looked up at the stars. No matter where I am the stars always cheer me up.
~flashback~
"How's my little space woman?" Dad chuckled. I turn my head to face him. "Dad! I'm trying to do my science homework! And besides I'm not 11 anymore! I'm 16!" I giggle. Dad let's out a sigh before putting his hand on my shoulder. "But being a astronaut was your dream!" He said with a sad smile. I roll my eyes and continue writing. "It still is! But I have to work really hard to get their!" I say with determination in my voice. He laughs and goes to the kitchen. I continue to work on my homework. I know that I will do it! I aced my astronomy test so I know that I'm going to go somewhere in life.
~end flashback~
"Orion.. Cygnus.. Canis Major.. Lyr-"
"What are ya doin up there?"
Fuck it was FellCray... yeah I had forgiven him but it was extremely awkward. I sit up and look down to see FellCray at the side of my house looking up at me. "Ohhh heeeyyyy C-cray I didn't know you were there! You wanna join me?" I ask. He lets out a laugh and climbs the tree beside the house. I put out a hand so he won't fall moving from the tree. He gets on the roof and sits beside me. "What were you saying before I interrupted ya?" He says with a slight chuckle. "Oh.. um I was just naming the constellations I saw... yeah I know lame.."
"No no! I think that's pretty cool!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! Did you study them recently? Because you never mentioned to me that you knew them."

"No.. I knew them since I was 16. I uh.. wanted to be an astronaut"

"I knew you since you were 14! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want to be pegged as a nerd.. I failed miserably at that though.."

We both laughed and continued to chat about when we were younger.
"Why are you up here?"

"Rurik and his friend? kept me up"

"Ohh. So tell me some constellations if your as good as you say you are!"

A smirk grew across my face as I started to list all the constellations. He just sat there in awe at how many I knew. "You know.. I really missed you.." I said, being completely honest. His face lit up. "I've missed you too." 
I let out a little laugh.
We must've talked for awhile since the sky was starting to light up. He had told me how he's got a job and a girlfriend. I was happy for him.
"Welp I better get going. We should do this again tomorrow?"

"Y-yeah.. I'd like to talk to someone other than Rurik for a change."

"Bye Cupcake"

"Bye Cray.."
We hugged goodbye when he jumped from the roof and started walking home. I climbed into my room and into bed. I couldn't sleep no matter how hard I tried not because of Rurik. Because that I was excited to hear more about Crays life. I get up and grab an astrology book of my shelf.

Ruriks POV:
I woke up with the morning sun peaking through my curtains. The lady called Tina by my side. I groaned at my hangover and got up.
I had a shower and got dressed. I went downstairs to see pancakes at the table. Obviously freshly made. I went into the utility room where Cupcake has breakfast. She wasn't their but there was a little note on the washing machine.
Note:
Gone out to get groceries and stuff. I'll be back later so you can beat me for it then.
~Cupcake
I clenched the note in my hand. She should've told me yesterday! Oh the beating she'll get when she gets back. I walk out of the utility room to the kitchen and start eating. I hear footsteps coming my way. "Hmph! You didn't make me any breakfast!" I heard the nagging voice of Tina's from behind me. I turn to face her. "Your still here?! Leave now!" I say almost yelling, pointing at the front door. She let out a huff and left. I remember why I had put a gag on her the most of the night. I get my keys and head for work.
I spend most of my days bossing around royal guard soldiers. I'm next to the captain which was Papyrus. I think I'm the one he actually likes. So yeah I'm not really shouted out as much as anybody else.
When I finished work and got home the house was very tidy compared to the state it was in this morning. Dinner was out and I could here Cupcake doing the laundry. "CUPCAKE! GET OUT HERE! NOW!!" I yell. She slumps out of the utility room in her pajamas which was a red tank top and black pajamas shorts. Her collar was very visible. I attach the leash to her collar. "I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO OUT WITH OUT PERMISSION!" I practically screamed in her face. Her face remains the same. "ANSWER ME YOU SLUT!"

Cupcakes POV:
His hurtful comment almost got to me. ALMOST. I remained calm. "If going to beat just do it already." I say crossing my arms. Well a beating was definitely delivered. At one point he hit my head which made me faint. I know the surgery was a month ago but I was still healing.
When I woke up it was midnight and I was in my room. I got up and went to the roof. Cray was already there. I simply said "hey."
We ended up talking until 5 am. We decided to go to bed and to do this again tomorrow.

Word count: 1275