"Jason, I...I love you," she whispered. Jason heard her but remained motionless, taking in what she just said. He watched her remotely, his grey eyes cold.

"Lisa, I've always considered you as a good friend who truly understands me. Nothing more," he trailed the last words to make sure she got it straight.

Lisa stared at him blankly as her whole world fell apart. Jason meant everything to her, her world revolved around him. But he did not share the same feelings as her. For him, she was just a girl who listened to him and understood him. Nothing more _ these two words echoed in her mind as the unshed tears clouded her eyes.

Next thing she knew was that she was sitting on the edge of the bed, Jason seated next to her, his strong arms wrapped around her as she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Lisa, I know it's hard for you to digest this but I believe somewhere, someone extremely kind is made for you, someone who will love you like you want to be loved."

She wiped off her tears and searched his eyes.

"I don't deserve you, Lisa. You deserve better than me."

Lisa nodded to him, faking understanding because she wanted his love, not his sympathy. She knew if she acted stubborn right now, Jason would back away. So, she remained quiet and reminded herself that she just needed to try harder to make him love her back.

***

Jade rummaged the drawers in a haste, trying to find what she craved right now. She needed something strong to  forget her surroundings for a moment. She had just made a complete fool of herself downstairs. All the time she attempted to talk to Dravon, he answered back absently, his attention elsewhere. She knew then that somehow deep inside, the emotions  that Dravon had buried inside of him the night he became an immortal were surfacing again.

But whenever his blue eyes gleamed with pride or affection, it wasn't for her. It was for Quinn. Her thoughts were interrupted when someone slammed the door shut.

She levelled up her eyes to stare into Ash's sterling silver grey ones. His eyes mirrored her disoriented look.

"Jade, why are you in my room?," he questioned.

She shrugged lightly. "I need something strong, Ash," she said softly. He assessed her quickly. Although if her blue dress was slightly creased, her sandy hair in big wild curls and her makeup a bit smudged, she still was a beautiful mess.

"You need bourbon, girl."

Jade watched his lean figure as he moved to a hardwood table where he ran his fingers underneath and pressed a button. The top layer of the table parted in two revealing a collection of bourbons.

"Damn boy, you sure know how to hide the best things!," she exclaimed, a mischievous glint in her hazel eyes.

He filled two glasses, handed her one as they settled on the bed, enjoying their drinks in silence. the whole room was in different shades of grey and red. Different photographs of him were displayed proudly on his wall, each showing how he was naturally charming.

"What's troubling you, Jade?,"he muttered after a long moment. He turned to her. "If you were sober, you would never have entered my room." He watched her serious expression. "Bonus point, Jade in my bed," he joked.