98

"Can you give me like, half an hour?" Baekhyun questions when he already has Chanyeol's hand in his own. The idol is really too persistent (Baekhyun really doesn't mind. At all) and right after his class Chanyeol performed his daily act of grabbing Baekhyun's hand to whisk him away.

Except, this time, Baekhyun has to talk to Kris first.

There's barely anything in between them. Maybe some hours where they spent eating in each other's presence or studying, and one date that Baekhyun could hardly say he enjoyed—considering that Chanyeol was on his mind this entire time.  He has nothing against Kris, and he feels bad for stringing him along like this. All he can really do is tell the dude that he's no longer interested in him in that way, even if it might hurt his feelings.

But Chanyeol, he doesn't know this, and his smile threatens to drop when Baekhyun further explains that he's meeting up with Kris for a bit. It makes that ugly feeling inside him twist, and he feels himself squeezing Baekhyun's hand before letting go, forcing himself to grin as he rubs the back of his head.

"Uh, yeah, I was actually about to tell you that Sehun and I had some plans today. So... it's fine if you just spend the rest of your free time with Kris and, y'know, get back to classes later," Chanyeol rambles a bit, lying straight up about having plans. He just doesn't want to make Baekhyun feel like he's holding him back for anything, mostly when it's something as important as a relationship.

It kind of hurts, a lot, hearing Baekhyun ask for Kris and meeting up with him, but Chanyeol's in the midst of trying to get used to it. He knows he has to, because right now Baekhyun is just his friend. He doesn't even know if he can call him best friend, after all the time they've spent apart.

Baekhyun pauses for a bit after that, like he wants to say something more but then he just nods, walking off after saying goodbye.

Chanyeol ends up sighing, his shoulders dropping when Baekhyun leaves his sight.

"Hey Kris," Baekhyun greets, a genuine smile on his face. Kris gives a small half as small but just as real, patting the spot next to him on the bench.

Truthfully, Baekhyun wishes that Chanyeol didn't have plans today because after saying the truth to Kris, he couldn't just spend the rest of his free time with the guy. It would be beyond awkward and all he really wants to do is eat sweets while listening to Chanyeol's dumb jokes.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," he admits, and when offered one of Kris' fries he takes it gratefully. (He eats when he's nervous.)

"Go ahead," Kris urges.

"I don't really think that... we should be planning any more dates. I can't think of you as anything more than a friend and... yeah, it would be an asshole move if we just kept going on dates while I thought like this."

It happens a little fast, and it truthfully takes a bit for Kris to understand what Baekhyun's saying.

"I don't like you that way... I'm sorry," Baekhyun adds, just to clarify. Probably a low blow but he had to get his point across.

Kris ends up looking upset. He doesn't look like he's ready to wring Baekhyun's neck or cry, but he just looks a little sad. Disappointed, and maybe confused.

It's understandable, because it's hard to cry over something that barely even started.

"You're a great guy, and I know someone who would much rather get into your pants," Baekhyun nearly chuckles when he thinks about how Junmyeon nearly smacked him with a pan the first time he heard of their date.

Kris seems to finally find the words to say, sighing before leaning back in his chair. "Yeah, I didn't really think it would work out with you either. It just seemed impossible, you know? Different leagues and all."

"No, it's not that I'm any better than you, it's just that I'd prefer you over a friend. You're just as good or even better than me," Baekhyun reassures, making sure that his sincerity shows through his eyes when their gazes come in contact.

With a nod of his head, Kris says, "Compliment accepted."

Baekhyun feels instantly relieved, his posture relaxing and his stomach feeling much more at ease. All he needs now is to take a nap cuddled up against some stupid elephant.

Kris, just like him, seems to get over this rather quickly. He honestly seems to forget about it entirely, sitting up and placing both elbows on the table, hands clasped together like he's investigating Baekhyun's case.

"It's that dumbo guy, isn't it?" Kris questions, and with one look at Baekhyun's face, he scoffs.

Baekhyun's blushing—cheeks pink and eyes now focused on his fiddling hands, a small smile appearing on his face.

"Yeah."

eat a cupcake whenever i make someone say "yeah" because it happens a lot

have y'all realized this is exactly like krisbaek's relationship in WYB?? i didn't even plan this and—wow i'm not creative at all

i just kinda went with the flow and oops it ended up the same

lolololol anyway how's this? (hyuna) pretty lit right ugh finally

y'all i'm gonna end this story on such an uncomfortable chapter number. it ain't gonna be 100 that's for sure.

I hope y'all enjoyed :))) i was in a pretty foul mood but writing this made moi feel better

hope u have a nice dayyy

P-Nut oot.