69

^( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)^

Baekhyun lets out a small gasp when the phone in his hold rings, quickly setting the pizza in his other hand down. After wiping his fingers on a towel, he holds the phone in both hands, staring at the screen with wide eyes.

He's extremely confused, and the only thing he can really register is the fact that dumbo is calling him. Dumbo—or Park—aka the guy he spent half an hour searching for.

Is he really ready to have Park talk to him? How can he stop his oncoming heart attack?

Quickly moving to the couch in his living room, he contemplates the pros and cons of his situation, wondering if he wants to answer or not. After all, Park was an ass and he basically tricked Baekhyun, not more than an hour ago.

Baekhyun blinks at the two buttons at the bottom of his screen, the green and the red taunting him one after the other. It's been ringing for a while now, and Baekhyun knows that if he leaves it for another ring it'll automatically hang up.

Baekhyun has never been good under pressure, so deciding that he can regret things later, he accepts it.

Raising the phone up to his ear, he bites his lip, anticipating whatever—whoever's on the other side of the line.

"—hyun? Baekhyun?" the voice on the other side speaks.

Suppressing a shiver from the deep and strangely familiar voice, Baekhyun answers.

"Yeah?" His voice is quiet and he gnaws on the tip of his thumb when he waits for Park to say anything more, feeling an intense case of butterflies in his stomach.

Hearing a relieved sigh, Baekhyun's eyebrows furrow.

"I thought you answered me and then just left the phone on the table or something."

"I should've," Baekhyun says none too brightly, "Considering how you basically did that this morning. Fuck you and your impeccable plans, by the way."

Park chuckles and Baekhyun's a little mesmerized for the next couple of seconds, replaying the sound in his mind.

"You know, now that I think about it... You're more like a puppy than a kitten."

"You and your animal names." Baekhyun rolls his eyes even if Park can't see it, adjusting himself in his spot.

He balls up in the corner of his couch's armrest and backrest, trying to toss away the fact that Park sounds way too much like...

"Why did you call me?" Baekhyun questions all of a sudden, curious. It takes less than a second for the other to answer.

"I felt bad about earlier and well... I decided to make it up to you by letting you hear my voice."

Baekhyun scoffs, "Who said I wanted to hear your voice?" But even with his harsh words, he can't stop the small smile from appearing on his face, fiddling with the end of his t-shirt.

Park doesn't fail to notice the sound of his smile through his words.

He hums, the shorter out of the two of them closing his eyes as he listens to whatever Mr. Anonymous has to say, though he can't exactly decide if he's anonymous anymore.