79

"Why did you tell Baekhyun that I was leaving to become a trainee?" Chanyeol questions, pacing around his room as he thought back to what just happened with Baekhyun—what he just did to Baekhyun.

God, he hates himself.

"Why not? He was looking super sad so I figured some news about his best friend was going to make him happier," Yoora smiled, making Chanyeol feel a little guilty about becoming angry at Yoora (only in his mind) for telling Baekhyun something he was supposed to tell him himself.

He was planning to do it sometime, face to face so that he could maybe soften the blow but... that was all kind of ruined in a few words from Yoora.

Chanyeol sits down on his bed, leaned over with his head in his hands.

"Please forget about that—I... I don't want us to change..."

Thinking about the words Baekhyun said, the sadness in his voice when he said it...

"...Am I not important to you?"

It makes Chanyeol feel so miserable.

Chanyeol wanted so badly to say that 'yes, yes you are so important,' but when he thought back to his family and their homophobic tendencies... to Yoora, it stopped him from saying it.

He wishes that he could just forget about it all—pretend that it doesn't exist and do what he really wants to do. If only the people he cared about weren't there—and that thought alone makes Chanyeol realize how bad of a person he is.

"Is Baekhyun not coming over today either?" Yoora asks and Chanyeol, in a fit of anger toward his situation, slams his fists into the bed on either side of him, standing.

"I get that you've liked Baekhyun for three years but stop asking about him!" Chanyeol yells, barely registering Yoora's shocked expression. "You only ever talk about Baekhyun to me, like there's nothing else that's interesting. It's like you don't even care about me! It's always Baekhyun this, Baekhyun that, if you really liked him why don't you just talk to him instead of bothering me about it?!"

Chanyeol pauses when he finally notices how scared Yoora looks and he instantly feels regretful, because what he said wasn't even true. He's never yelled like that to her, and his words barely even reflect what he's truly thinking about.

He doesn't really care about the fact that they always talk about Baekhyun—he'd talk about Baekhyun every second of the day, but the fact that it's his sister pining over the person he's steadily grown feelings for...

"Sorry..." Chanyeol trails off, sighing. Running a hand over his face, he flops back onto his bed. "I'm just really stressed right now."

"Fuck you," Yoora mumbles, "If you felt this way you should've told me."

"No—I was just angry. I'm fine talking about Baekhyun it's just... School and basketball have been really rough lately," he lies, hoping that Yoora will take the bait.

She kind of does, and then she's the one sighing this time. "It's kind of true though. I'm sorry for only ever talking about Baekhyun, he's just really cute and talented... and amazing—shit I'm doing it again," Yoora lets out a groan, "But seriously... If things are piling up too much, you can always talk to me. I won't speak a word about Baekhyun then."

There's silence in the room, and the only reason for that is because Chanyeol's trying to hold back his tears. He doesn't know what he can say without a random streak of tears.

Chanyeol drapes a hand over his eyes when he feels as if Yoora will notice the wetness gathering in the corners of his eyes, glad to hear Yoora's quiet "goodnight" before she's leaving the room, the closing of his door a signal to that fact.

When he's sure she isn't standing by the door anymore, he finally lets go. He sniffles as he starts crying, hoping that Yoora in the room next to him won't hear—or else she'll come bursting in and demanding answers.

It's goddamn this, that makes it so hard to betray Yoora. She's too good of a person.

She also fit perfectly with Baekhyun, the person that Chanyeol considers the best person.

lol hope u enjoyed

my bab chanyeol

haha haha

thank you for putting up with my three chapters of rants these past three days i lov u all

i hope u had a fantastic day

P-Nut oot.