87

Chanyeol doesn't get much sleep, that night.

In fact, he gets so little that if he adds all the minutes together, it would only amount to what's described as a small "nap". He sleeps in small intervals and would stay up for at least 30 minutes in between each of those moments, always wondering what Baekhyun's doing.

Sometime in the dead of night, he leaves the room with a sweater and his favourite pair of black basketball shorts, wandering the floors of the hotel and sneaking into the pool that was left unlocked.

Only the secondary lights are turned on when he enters, giving the silent water a light glow. He walks up to the edge, and deciding that he really didn't care whether or not he was found and kicked out, pulls off his socks and shoes.

Chanyeol spends a good twenty minutes with his legs in the pool, the water reaching up to the bend of his knees as he stares out of the massive wall made with windows.

The moon is full that night, and the scenery from the 5-star hotel's window is really something to marvel at.

It's extremely quiet, but Chanyeol wouldn't describe it as unsettling; he actually finds it calming. The slide's system is turned off so the sound of water rushing down is nonexistent, and the children that were there the first time Chanyeol came were most likely sleeping in their rooms.

He moves his legs, looking down in the clear water as he swings them back and forth, wriggling his toes and feeling a smile appear on his face when he remembers something related to a pool, feet, and Baekhyun.

Sadly, he only has two of those right now.

It's with a sigh that he pulls his legs out, standing and creating a puddle around his feet.

The events of today filter through Chanyeol's mind and he feels as if he's now the puddle that he just created. Worthless, and simply a hazard to people if they weren't careful enough.

Just like the puddle in his happy memory where Baekhyun slipped near the pool and hurt his foot (the happy part came after, when Baekhyun gave him puppy eyes and he ended up buying ice cream for the shorter), he hurt Baekhyun.

Chanyeol stares at the surface of the pool, the calming, occasional ripples reminding him of how he felt whenever he was with Baekhyun. Clenching his fist, he decides that he needs to do more to get Baekhyun.

He'll try just one more time. To get Baekhyun back.

He's leaving after tomorrow, and he doesn't want to leave the same way he left the first time.

Chanyeol ruins the calm with a cannonball.