63

Baekhyun stretches in his bed, kicking his blankets off of him much like a cat would. He yawns and directs his bleary gaze to the bright window in his room, trying to guess what time it is before he stares at his alarm clock.

He doesn't really care what time it is, because it's currently the weekend and he has absolutely no plans, which means that he can do whatever he wants. He glances on the other side of the room and sees Jongdae's bed empty, vaguely remembering that his best friend said something about meeting up with someone.

As he wipes his eyes, he reaches for his phone and the moment he turns it on, he remembers the chat he had with dumbo yesterday.

Nearly falling off of his bed in his haste, he sits up frantically and checks his clock one more time before letting out a groan, running a hand over his face.

Damn that dumbo guy.

If only Baekhyun wasn't so curious about him—or interested in him, whatever Jongdae called it—then he could go back to sleeping. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

After Park sent the message about them meeting up, Baekhyun (admittedly excited) asked him how.

Park answered that he'd be in the cafeteria at noon tomorrow, and Baekhyun's heart nearly flipped when he thought about how he'd finally meet this mysterious idiot.

But of course, Park is legitimately an idiot (and a cruel asshole) so here's the catch: Baekhyun's going to have to guess who he is.

Park won't reveal himself until Baekhyun outright asks the question "Are you dumbo?"

Baekhyun decided then that Park is crazy.

A ton of people could pass by the cafeteria at 12. It's lunchtime, for fuck's sake. Is he really supposed to go around asking every tall-looking idiot that question? Does Park want him to be punched in the face?

Dumbo isn't exactly a nice word.

Baekhyun is positive that Park is trying to embarrass him.

He'll probably come off as some uncultured swine from a different country, asking—what seems to be—a badly structured question.

Are you dumbo.

Baekhyun sighs and goes to clean himself up, noting that he has half an hour before he has to be there.

After slipping on his favourite Supreme hoodie (the white one with the red Supreme sign) and a pair of fitting black jeans, he styles his hair out of his face, showing his forehead uncharacteristically. Okay, so maybe he's trying too hard for what was supposed to be his Lazy Saturday... but if he's actually going to be meeting Park, he's not going to be looking like some bum off the streets.

He cleans his face and brushes his teeth, his eyes flitting to the clock when he has ten minutes left. He leaves five minutes before he has to be there, phone in his pocket as he walks—speed walks—to the part of the University with the cafeteria.

As he's walking through hallways, he doesn't notice the signs tacked up on the wall, his mind absorbed in his phone as he rereads what Park told him last night. He supposedly has until 12:30 to find him, and if he doesn't, then Park won't be revealing himself after that time.

Baekhyun steels his determination with a nod of his head, figuring that it won't be that hard. There would only be around 50 people at the cafeteria on an weekend, and he can do a process of elimination and find Park easily.

Even with that reassurance, Baekhyun is annoyed. Why can't Park just tell him his damn name, at least?

Fucking prick, Baekhyun scowls, shoving his phone back into his pocket when he's nearly there. He reaches the area leading down to the cafeteria and he stops midway, feeling confusion seep through him like red wine on his current sweater.

If anyone was to see his reaction, they would question why he seems to be reacting to something impossible, like Donald Trump meeting Donald Duck or Spiderman hanging from the ceiling.

Sadly, it isn't something that awesome. The place is still the same—a bomb hasn't exploded nor were there any disasters.

Only...

There's a huge fucking crowd stemming from down below and all the way up to the wide stairs—and Baekhyun has no idea why.

"What the hell?" Baekhyun mumbles under his breath, looking around and undoubtedly adding to his 'foreigner with bad grammar' vibe by looking lost and confused.

The people seem to be gathered for an event, and finally, it's like his brain clicks and he spots the posters up on the wall, walking up to them.

'Free Pizza Day', it reads. '12 noon, Saturday @ the Cafeteria'.

Now, if this had been a poster up at Baekhyun's high school, he'd still have a pretty good chance of finding dumbo. But at his current University? With thousands of broke kids who need the free food?

"Motherfucker!" Baekhyun swears loudly, uncaring if anyone heard him. He gets a few heads turning but he simply rips the advertisement off of the wall, crumpling it and throwing it into the trash next to him.

Let them stare, Baekhyun thinks angrily. He only has one thing on his mind.

[DUMBO]
Today

eatmybyuns 12:03 PM
you

YOU FUCKING BASTARD

dumbo 12:03 PM
??? :^)

What's up baby?

eatmybyuns 12:03 PM
don't even.

you're minced meat when i find you

JUST YOU WAIT YOU STUPID VILLAGE IDIOT

I'LL ASK EVERY SINGLE TALL MALE HERE AND I'LL EXPOSE YOU

and then when i do find you, Mr. Dipstick, you better watch your family jewels.

dumbo 12:04 PM
You've already wasted 4 minutes, princess.

Better get a move on if you want to find me ;)

Baekhyun nearly screams in frustration.

hahaha

idk how this happened but it did and i'm liking it

gah this was probably a way to cheer myself up because i found another story that's like... exactly like mine and i was like wow there it is. i am so creative. right to the point where i find duplicates of stuff i thought was original.

there's the same plot and ship and even the same side-love character and the same best friend and and and ahhhh how is this possible?? why????

this book was supposed to be the one i publish after HBH is done. now i am déprimé.

it's okay it's all good i'll just release some of my one shots and lay back for a while

i hope you enjoyed this and have an amazing day <4 (because <3 is overrated)

P-Nut oot.