71

may 20, 2012

baekhyun 6:03 PM
are you busy?

chanyeol 6:10 PM
yes

baekhyun 6:10 PM
okay

It's not like Baekhyun can see Chanyeol, chilling on his couch like he's been doing for the past two hours. It was hard not to notice him, being his next door neighbour and all. His room faces Chanyeol's TV room.

Baekhyun tried talking to Chanyeol face to face—had been trying for the past week, but Chanyeol was determined to ignored him. The only time they ever interact is over text, but even then all of Chanyeol's answers are quipped and show that he can't bother giving him a full answer.

Baekhyun doesn't want to admit that sometimes he stays up and wonders if his confession really ruined something built on four years of trust. He doesn't want to admit that sometimes, right before he falls asleep and his guard is lowered, a few tears fall from his eyes.

He wishes that he can take back his words, because all of his days have been exceedingly lonely. It's not that he can't function without Chanyeol, because he definitely can... But he'd rather not. He misses the taller, even if he still has all of his other friends at school.

He doesn't want to force Chanyeol to talk to him but he doesn't want this game of tag to continue on any longer. He just wants to tell the taller that he takes back all of his words and will never think about it again, no matter how impossible that is.

This time, it's Baekhyun that does the cornering.

It's in the same classroom as the one he confessed in, because the teacher of that class is just as eager to leave as the students. Baekhyun blocks the door just like Chanyeol had, and the taller isn't meeting his eyes even for one second.

That entire day was spent planning for what he was going to say to Chanyeol, and Baekhyun breathes to calm his nerves. He thinks about everything that happened these past two weeks and his nerves only spike, making him feel simultaneously angry and sad.

"...Am I not important to you?"

Shit, Baekhyun thinks, because that is definitely not what he planned to say.

Chanyeol doesn't move whatsoever, and Baekhyun watches him closely, trying to pick out any tells that he noticed only because he was his best friend. Nothing gives him any indication of what Chanyeol's thinking, and he only gets more annoyed.

"You"

"I'm leaving next week," Chanyeol cuts him off, and Baekhyun's eyes widen when he processes this information. It's like he hasn't actually come to terms with the fact that the first person he actually admitted to loving is leaving, and for a long time, at that—so now, hearing that the date for his departure is so soon...

It's not like Chanyeol is going to move to another country; he'll only be a city away but... Baekhyun knows that it means that he won't be able to secretly look at Chanyeol anymore, nor experience any of his affectionate actions. His future plan of going to the same University as Chanyeol is now impossible, and he'll only ever hear his voice if Chanyeol actually somehow makes it to the debut stage.

"That answers my question, then," Baekhyun announces.

If Chanyeol actually cared about him, he wouldn't have left information like this to the last second. Now that Baekhyun thought about it, he wondered why he even asked that question in the first place. How can ignoring someone be called caring? Chanyeol's been doing exactly that, and it showed greatly what he felt about Baekhyun.

It makes Baekhyun angry that Chanyeol can't flat out reject him—tell him that he's definitely not in love with Baekhyun the same way as he loves Chanyeol... Because it keeps the hope in Baekhyun's chest alive. It makes Baekhyun feel like he has an actual chance at changing Chanyeol's mind, even though he knows that Chanyeol is not rejecting him because he thinks that Baekhyun's weak heart can't take it.

He doesn't want Chanyeol's pity.

He just wants what they had back, but evidently, Chanyeol thinks that it's not possible.

Baekhyun leaves willingly this time.

sowry that it's a boring flashback

tf we're on chapter 71??? help me?? will this have like 100 chapters because at this point i think it will (i don't like making sequels n stuff but maybe this might have to have a second book idk)

i got $35 for cleaning the house today... i don't get paid enough

legit i clean the house erryday i'm the only one keeping our kitchen cupboards from literally dying. it's a mess in there 24/7 i hate my family's organization skills

anyway can y'all please check out Sunggyu's new M/V, True Love? It's such a beautiful song and the M/V fits it so well I lov it

i hope u had a nice day

P-Nut oot.