94

"Donuts, for the kitten that goes by the name of Byun Baekhyun," Chanyeol says, overly-exaggerated.

The mentioned man flushes at the words, yet a glare is set on his face when he snatches the box out of Chanyeol's hands.

"Stop calling me animal names, oh my god," Baekhyun reminds him, opening the box.

They're sitting outside on one of the picnic benches, at their usual rendez-vous time. Baekhyun just came out of his chemistry class and his arm was grabbed a few minutes later before he could do anything remotely usual, being brought outside.

Baekhyun acts like he's annoyed, but he doesn't want to admit that he was searching for Kris after class to tell him not to bother waiting up for him at lunch (because he might've been expecting Chanyeol to come around anyway).

Chanyeol, on the other hand, smiles bitterly when he recalls hearing Baekhyun ask for Kris, remembering how he'll only be Baekhyun's friend. And he's okay with that, he tells himself, because he blew his chance the first time and this was his punishment for being an idiot. Permanent friend zone.

(He's not actually okay.)

But he'll take it, because even though he likes Baekhyun more than a friend, he's too important to leave just because his feelings aren't returned. He'd rather be Baekhyun's friend with unrequited feelings than anything less.

"What do you want for lunch?" Chanyeol questions idly, watching as Baekhyun takes a bite out of the regular glazed donut.

"Sushi sounds good."

Chanyeol stands to go buy it from the cafeteria inside, only to be stopped by Baekhyun's voice.

"Wait," he calls, "Let me come too."

Chanyeol grins at him as he puts on his mask and cap, taking Baekhyun's hand in his own.

Yeah, he'll be Baekhyun's friend for life, but if he lets him hold his hand, Chanyeol will take whatever he can get.

"I'm surprised no one has caught you yet," Baekhyun says, a day after their sushi escapades (Chanyeol ended up buying way more than they could stomach and force-feeding himself until he was lying on the grass next to their blanket).

"Well, no one really knows that I'm not in Seoul so they're not looking for me." Chanyeol shrugs, laying his head down on the table.

Baekhyun scribbles a few more words onto his page, glancing at the mop of hair on the table and feeling himself unconsciously smile. Chanyeol usually had nothing to do whenever he caught Baekhyun after his classes, yet he stayed anyway, lounging around as Baekhyun either ate or did his homework. "And you rescheduled your shooting just to stay here?" he questions, feeling an odd feeling bubble up inside him.

"Yeah," the taller replies, as if it's not a big deal, "Probably gonna be killed for that later."

As usual, they're sitting outside to avoid the crowds inside, the April air rustling the papers Baekhyun had sprawled across the picnic table. Baekhyun spends a few minutes just staring at the back of Chanyeol's head, remembering how he made fun of his bald spot back when there was a reoccurring joke that Chanyeol was going bald.

He still has feelings for Chanyeol, he decides. He's fond of the idiot.

Chanyeol shifts to glance up at Baekhyun when he doesn't hear the scrawling of his pencil on paper or the flipping of pages; the sounds that had been travelling easily when he had his ear up to the table. When he finds Baekhyun staring at him, he gives him a dumb smile and Baekhyun's about to mention it, but the wind picks up and the papers he had long since forgotten start flying everywhere, their attention leaving each other as Baekhyun jumps up to catch them.

"Fuck—my labs!" Baekhyun exclaims, leaving the table to chase down the flying papers.

Chanyeol's quick to follow, his long legs bringing him to the escapees without much of a hassle. It takes a little longer to catch them but once he does, Baekhyun's next to him, empty-handed but panting all the same.

"Wow, you're really useful," Chanyeol points out, comparing their two sets of hands (he's holding at least six papers right now).

"Thanks," Baekhyun says sarcastically, and grabs the papers out of Chanyeol's hands.

"Since I basically saved you, wanna go watch a movie with me later?" Chanyeol offers, wondering if he can push the line a little. When he sees Baekhyun's uncomfortable stare, he immediately reigns it back in, "Just as friends, of course."

Baekhyun ponders the thought for a second before he nods, fixing himself up as he straightens the papers. "Sounds good. When?"

"Maybe seven tomorrow. I'll pick you up at your dorm," he informs the shorter, watching as Baekhyun turns to walk back to the table.

He doesn't even realize that he's staring at Baekhyun's back longingly, his hands clenching momentarily.

And then he forgets about it, running to catch up.

lol friendzoned for life

how do y'all think this gone end--

don't guess it'll be spoilers sTOP

sorry for never updating but hey I'm doing it now so it's fine righT

thanks for waiting and I hope everyone had an amazing day!

P-Nut oot.