52

"I love you. More than a best friend."

Chanyeol freezes when he hears Baekhyun say this, and almost immediately after, he starts backing away.

"You're... gay?" he asks, and Baekhyun's eyes are already filling with more tears when he sees where this is going. "That's—that's gross."

Baekhyun should've expected this. Well, he was expecting this, but hearing it in reality felt much worse than imagining it one-hundred times over.

It feels like Baekhyun's been falling all this time only to crash at the bottom—Chanyeol's words acting as the cold concrete he lands on. This entire time, he's been stuck up in the clouds; floating, and imagining that things could actually end up well. He's proved wrong when he breaks past the surface and starts the true free-fall. He's reminded that he can't stay up in the clouds forever, and his punishment of being ignorant is the death he meets at the end of his fall.

Baekhyun hasn't said anything ever since those words left Chanyeol's mouth, and the entire room is draped in silence, accompanied by the harsh truth that Baekhyun's met with.

He tells himself to stop crying. He tries, for the few seconds he has left to collect himself, to convince himself that this was for the better. If Chanyeol liked him back, where would they go? Society is harsh and will always be harsh, no matter where they went. If they were to have a relationship, the only thing that would bring is judgement. Even if in an age, things would have seemed to change and people seem nicer, Baekhyun knows that somewhere, something will always mess up.

He doesn't bother wiping the tears on his face, finding it unnecessary to rid himself of traces of sadness when it's so obvious that he's feeling exactly that. His gaze has moved to the ground minutes ago, and he wishes that he can disintegrate into a pile of dust and fly away in the wind. He regrets ever saying what he said, and he curses himself for being so delusional.

It's Chanyeol who breaks the silence first, and when Baekhyun looks up, his back is turned to him.

"Please leave..." he says, and the words hurt more than any other. "I don't want to see your face."

So Baekhyun does leave, and he never gets the chance of seeing the tears Chanyeol wipes off of his own face.

hello

someone once told me to shorten my chapters because they were too long. well look, linda, i have

hope u enjoys and have a nice day

oh yes and have y'all realized this book is written in present tense? i never ever ever ever write in anything other than past so like i struggle 34/3 and if i mess up anywhere i'm sorry grammar gods i didn't mean to

P-Nut oot.

WAIT WAIT MY INFINITE FANS DID U SEE WHEN SUNGGYU ADMITTED THAT HE HAS A WINNIE THE POOH PFP FOR KAKAO OMG I SHIT YOU NOT I JUST BURST INTO TEARS FOR THIS MAN I LOVE HIM HE IS THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE EQUAL TO EXO AJSJDHSIJDJDJDJ