61

Jongdae isn't the brightest light bulb out there, but he isn't so dim to the point where he's blind. He always wonders if Baekhyun is, and that thought increased immensely after what Jongdae figured out a week ago.

He admits it, he snoops around on Baekhyun's phone 24/7. Not only is it funny to see what kind of stuff Baekhyun watches on YouTube, it's incredibly amusing texting his new friends and pranking them with an unknown number.

So that's how Jongdae stumbled upon Baekhyun's texts with dumbo a week ago, and being the invasive shipper that he was, he read them all.

At that point, he already had suspicion in his mind that dumbo could actually be the main star of their anti group chat, and after reading through the texts shared with Baekhyun and the supposed "mystery man" (who isn't such a mystery because Jongdae isn't a fucking idiot like his best friend, as mentioned before), he finally comes to the conclusion that Baekhyun's being played real bad.

Dumbo, the one that Baekhyun has spilled all of his hate-chanyeol secrets to, is Park Chanyeol himself.

All of the evidence seems to be pointing toward that fact. His last name is Park, his voice sounds way too much like Chanyeol's, he hates Sehun for some reason (Jongdae would too; that backstabbing asshole), he likes all of the same things, and he's coincidentally in Bucheon at the same time as Chanyeol... Why is Baekhyun so blind?

Jongdae figures that it's because Chanyeol's right in front of him, so his best friend is ignoring rather than acknowledging that there's a huge possibility that dumbo is Chanyeol.

So he's surprised when he sees Chanyeol with Baekhyun in the study room, but he's not surprised to the point where he'd jump off a cliff and scream. In fact, he even messes with Baekhyun a little bit.

He always found it a little weird that Baekhyun would hate on Chanyeol so much if the star had never done anything to him, so with newfound information, Jongdae chalks up to the fact that Chanyeol did do something to Baekhyun, and that they knew each other way before.

He almost pats himself on the back when he first thinks of this possibility.

And yes, Jongdae loves his idol a lot. He would stare at Chanyeol for the rest of his life if he could. But he loves Baekhyun as his best friend a little bit more, so he's willing to give up the obsession he's been harbouring over Chanyeol for him.

Whenever he speaks about Chanyeol around Baekhyun, he always gets a bit sadder and a bit angrier, and it makes Jongdae feel off. He hopes that Chanyeol isn't actually a bad guy, and whatever Baekhyun hates him for can be solved if they just work it out.

Which is why Jongdae is now officially shipping Chanbaek.

He knows he'll miss fawning over every little trait about Chanyeol, but he also knows that it'll be awesome if his best friend is dating an idol.

Plus, he's got his own boyfriend.

there, a little look into Jongdae's mind

y'all i've been reading zosan fanfictions lately and there's this one author and she's 10/10 yesssss so good at writing. she's been giving me inspiration for my other stories gah thank that goddess (to anyone in a writer's block, read something you usually wouldn't)

Tbh I never expected to become so invested in Chanbaek like??? I've shipped countless other gay ships before this and written fanfic/had fanaccounts for them but it all just becomes dull eventually but... huh and now look at me it's been three years with Chanbaek and they changed my life lmao

i lov them

P-Nut oot.