70

The line goes silent after Baekhyun asks his question, and he sits there, waiting. He'll wait as long as needed, to hear Chanyeol's answer.

Maybe he's known for a while now; that dumbo could've possibly been Chanyeol (even if that sounded absurd to anyone else) but he didn't want to acknowledge it. He tells himself that Chanyeol wants to have nothing to do with him and that he couldn't possibly be talking to him after all of this time but...

Of course, for this past week and a half, Chanyeol's been bothering him non-stop and proving to him that—for some reason—he wants to be in Baekhyun's life again.

The brunet doesn't know if he'll allow that.

"I..." Chanyeol trails off, sounding genuinely surprised that Baekhyun figured out, but not upset in the slightest. "How long did you know who I was?"

Baekhyun closes his eyes, now knowing for sure that the person he had been talking to for the past five months was Chanyeol himself. Knowing that it's one-hundred percent true makes it a little worse.

"Answer my question first," Baekhyun replies, "Why are you talking to me with some anonymous name, after all of these years?"

The next pause in sound is long, but Baekhyun knows that he's still there because he hasn't heard the tone of his call's hangup. He waits for Chanyeol to answer and he swears he nearly falls asleep—because he didn't get much sleep last night and wasted all of his energy looking for the damn bastard—and that's when Baekhyun realizes that Chanyeol lied straight to his face about him being dumbo. Bastard.

He tries to think about everything else that he could have lied to Baekhyun about, while he was in his dumbo persona. When the brunet thinks back to the fun times he had with dumbo these past few months, he kind of wishes that he didn't figure out that he was actually talking to Chanyeol. Dumbo was someone he could mess around with and casually flirt with (of course, he wouldn't call it flirting). He was someone who made him feel like how he used to feel with Chanyeol—and, evidently there was a simple reason for that. Him actually being Chanyeol and all... So now that he figured out that the person he thought could've replaced Chanyeol was actually just Chanyeol: his ex-bestfriend and first love... it makes things a bit complicating.

"Because..." Chanyeol finally speaks up. "I miss you."

The words hit Baekhyun like a freight train and his breath is momentarily caught in his throat, his hands going to grab his phone.

His mind is whirling with thoughts and he can't help but feel his heart squeeze when he remembers how he said those exact words to Chanyeol years ago, only to be ignored longer. He remembers exactly how it happened and when—Chanyeol's reaction and his unspoken answer.

Hearing those words directed at him from Chanyeol is too much to handle. Baekhyun won't allow this guy to come prancing back and involving himself in everything he did. He didn't want Chanyeol to successfully steal his thoughts a second time.

His phone's screen lights up and he lets out a breath, debating on saying something before deciding against it, shutting his mouth.

He presses the red button and promptly ends the call.

Chanyeol has no right to say those words.

i'm sorry for not updating yesterday

i was just very épuisé and blehhh i had a resting day it was pretty nice

anyway I'M TRYING TO GET THESE TWO JOBS AT A BUBBLE TEA STORE NAMED GONGCHA AND A PATBINGSU STORE NAMED SNOWY VILLAGE BUT THE FUCKERS HAVEN'T ANSWERED

granted it's been less than a day but come onnn can they pls hire me i need thissss

i hope you had a nice day

P-Nut oot.