[19] Mine

Furthermore, my 'adventure' in the woods was not over. I had the barn in my sigh but it was not the closest point I could get. I sigh as I continue to walk, sweat was dripping from my forehead. I am so exhausted and I can't wait to fall into a deep sleep at home. I started calling it home, finally.

I open the fence that surrounded the whole ranch and entrance of the trails. I walk by the lawn and I see Brittany waving for me to come. I nod slowly and cough. My clothes got dry so I'm fine. I walk to her office and she gestures me to sit. I sit down and smile.

''Miss Hummington, you reached good progress with Kira, I believe that no body else could do it the way you managed, I don't know where you learned this, but I think you are experienced for things like this, Kira needed someone like you. I understand that you can't stay here forever, you probably don't want to, but Kira is yours. From now, you can do anything with her and she is yours, I hope you will come back once you recieve the papers from your school, and I hope for the best. I emailed your school director and told them that you would like to stay here, he agreed. But, you would have to stay there 2-3 months for rest of the school you have to finish and you can come back,'' She spoke the words I never expected to hear. Kira was mine, and I could stay here! I can't believe it! This is so amazing! But, I would have to stay there 3 months after I come back, that's okay, they would keep Kira for me.

I don't know what to say!  This is amazing!  ''Thank you!" I bet I looked like a complete idiot but I don't care, all that matters is that Kira is with me.

''Anytime, miss'' She says and I hug her, she hugs back.

''Thanks so much! I have to get going!" I shout. I was not feeling tired anymore. I was feeling like myself. I run out of her office and go to the barn, I stop at Kira's stable and grin widely.

''Oh girl, you are mine,'' I whisper and she looks at me with flickering ears, she had a light of hope in her eyes. I pat her cheek and kiss her muzzle, I grab the lead rope and attach it to her halter, I open the stall doors and lead her out, furthermore, she follows me as if I had a carrot, but I did not. I tie her on the poles and walk to the storeroom, I grab a tack which she needs and walk back to her, I introduce her to the reins and she sniffs them I smile and pull off the halter, she did not realize she had nothing on her head that held her to the pole, I allow her to pull her head through the reins and she does and I clip it, she shakes her head a slight but snorts and turns away, I pull her slightly back and show her the saddle, I put it on her back and she lifts her hind quarters, trying to do a missing buck.

''Easy girl, it won't hurt you,'' I whisper and she calms down. I start to clip the straps and she pricks her ears backward, I clip it fully and give her a verbal praise, she nickers.

I grab the reins and we walk to the arena which I never visited. The arena was huge, it flooring was sand which was twirled by the hoof prints and horses that ran there, it was huge for many horse riders and horses, it was not full thankfully, there were some courses and cones to race around. It had a pine wood as it fence, no wonder what is the name.  I pat her and lead her around, trying to adapt her to the saddle. SShe was not amused or relaxed, she still thought it could hurt her. She had no reason to fear anything, I would never hurt her. I lead her around the cones and she follows as always, we circle the cones without touching a single one. I hear galloping from sides of me. Chloe and her team.

''Oh. She decided to ride her beauty,'' Chloe states and I frown.

''No, I am teaching her on the saddle, not planning to ride her,'' I respond, going slightly red.

''Let me do you a favor then,'' She dismounts walking to my horse, Kira tried to bite her and she jumps back.

''Do not touch!" I warn her and continue leading her around the cones, the saddle was fitting her nicely, she looked as she was being ridden, probably when abused. Poor girl. She looks more relaxed than before, which was really awesome.

I lead her further and we stop at 3 meters in front of a jump. I decide to get a carrot from a store and I pull the reins behind her neck. I hop over the fence and run to the storeroom, It takes me few seconds and I look for the treat section, I see a big sack with carrots and I get one, I chop it in the pieces and put it in my pocket, I walk out and enter the arena. What I see shocks me.

Kira was jumping over the courses as if they were feathers, she did it by her self and everyone was gasps, she clears them all circles around the cones her self, she trots to me and nuzzles me. I swallow and give her a carrot, patting her jowl.

''That was...bizarre,'' I croak and she snorts.

''You are the finest horse anyone could desire,'' I say and rest my hand on her withers.

''I love you,''