[12] You Are The One I Choose

Author: I decided to tell you all a special thanks for reading this. I never believed it will be this successful. I wanted to make this book most interesting. There is a lot more to read. But, I hope you don't stop reading. Hold tight! The best parts are now starting! Now enjoy the chapter. Your comments meant a lot to me. Never forget how much you mean to me and here on wattpad couldn't do without you.   Stay strong to more upcoming chapters! I have faith in you all, horse lovers and others which found my story interesting. Thank you, thank you.

(...)

I tried to get Carly out of my mind but I could not, I couldn't believe what happened. But maybe its time to move on?

I decide to do something fun today. I want to teach her on the halter. I enter the storeroom and get a comfortable a halter for Wild Girl. I pick out a perfect now and get out of the storeroom, I go off to her paddock and whistle. She stares at me blankly and then decides to come. She trots to me and stops 1 meter before. I rub her muzzle and show her the halter. Kira yanks back her head and bolts in the run. I yell her name and she gallops back to me. She rears in front and stops, breathing heavily.

I smile widely before showing her the halter again and putting the carrot piece through it; '' It is alright,'' I say and she puts her head through and I clip it behind her ears. She receives the carrot. But she does not enjoy the halter being around her. She shakes her head wildly, trying to get it off. I smile widely and whisper '' It's alright, my baby'' I say, chuckling and she stops. I pat her and let her walk around with the halter. I smile before going in front of her and she follows. I burst in a run and she follows. How happy she makes me feel. All the sadness was washed away. She is the one I choose.  I grin and continue running with her and I jump, she rears.

''Thank you, girl, for everything'' I grin and she calms down. Again I run and she catches me, holding the same pace as I do.

After our run together, I ended up sharing an apple with Kira. I tried to ignore people that came to m telling me things about Kira, which I knew were not half truth. 

Kira got a little used to the halter and I decided to try ring lunging tomorrow.  Kira is tired and she whinnies for me to return her to the stall. Bruh, I groan and whistle for her to follow me. She follows which amazes me and we walk back to the barn. Her stable was wide open and I let her inside. She walks in patiently and waits for me to close the doors before poking her head out. I give her the last piece of the carrot and she eats it, bobbing her head. I rub her muzzle and whinnies.

''What? No more carrots'' I breathe a chuckle and she turns around. Her rump facing me, I wave to her and she neighs '' Bye!" I say and walk away from her stall.  I bump into someone and glare up to see his face ''Victor, sorry'' I say, blushing.

'' It's alright,'' He laughs and I frown ''Really funny!" I shout and start walking off. He grabs me by my wrist and spins me around, my face totally facing his. Our eyes meet and his flicker down to my lips then back to my eyes. He pulls his face away from the awkward situation and smiles ''Want to come with me to the city, I say we need some supplies for the farm.'' He asks and I grin ''I would love to!" I shout and he chuckles.

'' Let's go then'' He replies and I nod, not removing the grin off my face.  I turn around and see Kira poking her head out. I wave and continue walking with Victor. We stop in front of the black SUV car and I glance up and down at it.

''Cool! Is this yours?'' I place my hands on my hips and ask. ''Yes and No'' He winks at me before opening the door for me. I smile and sit inside. He closes the door and walks to the driver's door. He opens it and sits on the seat. Victor brings the engine to life and I smile at the whirling strong engine. This one is stronger than my dad's. We drive from the driveway and I turn on the radio. Stronger by Kelly Clarkson.

You know the bed feels warmer
Sleeping here alone
You know I dream in color
And do the things I want

I sing along and Victor ignores it completely.

You think you got the best of me
Think you've had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'd come running back
Baby, you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong

I sing along to end of the song and give myself an applause.

''Nice'' Victor says, not taking his eyes off the road. I roll my eyes playfully and turn around facing the window. The beautiful sunny day causes me to retreat back to my seat. I close my eyes as I relax.

''I saw you with Kira, I am glad you decided to do something with that mare'' He says, smiling.

''Thanks'' I grin, rolling my eyes.

''Did she hurt you?'' He asks, concerned.

''Not really,'' I respond and continue to relax.

''We are there'' He interrupts me and I groan quietly. I fakely smile and he turns off the engine. I step out of the door and he mirrors me, by his door obviously.

''First, we need some halters and lead ropes from the tack shop. Second, we need alfalfa cubes for horses and if you need anything else'' He tells me the list of things we have to buy and I think. ''I will be needing some clothes'' I grin and he rolls his eyes ''Women'' He mumbles and I stick my tongue out at him and he laughs.

'' Let's go buy halters'' I say and he leads me over the street. The town was small but there were enough grocery stores and horse shops. We pass over the road and run in the tack shop.

''How can I help you?'' A woman asks and I smile ''We are looking for high-quality halters'' I reply and she nods walking to me. She gestures me to follow, she stops in front of a shelf with many halters. I grab two red leather halters, three white rope halters, and a  four black leather halter. I grab a bonus blue rope halter and pick up 10 lead ropes. I carry all of them to the registered. Victor mouths 'awe' based on amount.

I give them all to the woman and she scans them and packs them in bags.

''All will be $120.7'' She says and Victor hands her the money from his wallet. He winks at her before leaving the tack shop and she blushes. I try my best to hold my laughter as I get out.

''I thought you would get fewer halters'' He says, shrugging.

''Oh...thought do too'' I grin and Victor sighs. I stare at the feed store that was next to the tack shop.

''I go get alfalfa cubes and you get your clothes or whatever'' Victor says and I nod. He hands me some money and I put it in my pocket. I smile and peck his cheek before running to the mall. The mall was not so large, but the people were walking in and out of it.

I spent 15 minutes at the mall, buying breeches, shirts, boots, and underwear. I spent all the money Victor gave me. He is probably annoyed waiting for me in the car. I walk out of the mall and run straight to the car.

''Took you long enough'' He mumbles and I giggle. Throwing the clothes in the back seat. I close the doors behind me and click my seat belt.

''Ready to go back?'' He asks kindly and I nod ''Yes, this was fun'' I say and smile.

''Very, we will come back some other time'' My face drops as he says and he chuckles, bringing the engine to life. It purs as he drives out of the parking. He catches the road and drives to where we started.

This was the real good day. For  Kira, Victor and Me.