[10] Start Of Something Like....

I wake up really earlier then usual. I change in different clothes. White riding breeches, and riding marine coat. I walk outside with helmet between my hands and I place it on my head, locking it together. I enter the barn and other people already fed their horses, like hell I was up early. I go to the store room and fill the bucket with 3 grain cups. I exit it and find Swiftfire's stable. I lower down the bucket and he starts eating without noticing me personally.

I smile and walk away from his barn. I look at one of the stalls and see Kira. She looks at me with a mouthful of hay. She has different feeding schedule. I feel like I need to do something. Something new and different.

I run out of the barn and look around to spot a small white house. I run in it and ranch main head looks up at me.

''Can I help you?'' She asks, touching her glasses.

''Yes, ma'am. I noticed people here mistreating Kira or Wild Girl, and she let me approach, can I please just take care of her, at least for a bit?'' I ask, shaking.

''She really is wild and how we act to her is needed'' She says but bites her lower lip as she notices my face scrunch up ''But if you are aware of what you are doing, alright. I allow you'' She says smiling.

''Thank you, ma'am!" I grin and she laughs.

''Anytime, that's why I am here. But if anything happens I am blaming you'' She says seriously and I nod, thanking her again before running out of the house. I enter the barn and see Tess crying on a hay bale.

''Tess?'' I ask, sitting next to her. ''Is everything alright?''.

''I am sorry for being rude to you!" She pulls me into a hug and cries on my shoulder.

''It is alright, it is alright.'' I comfort her and she looks at me with puffy red eyes.

''Is it really fine?'' She asks and I nod grinning.

''Thanks.'' She says and looks at me.

''I heard main head is allowing you to take care of wild girl'' She grins and I nod my head, smiling.

''And that Victor likes you'' She giggles and I slap her arm ''When guys are hot they usually don't fit good on-farm works'' I whisper and I hear someone clear his throat behind.

Tess grins and I turn around, seeing Victor shaking his head and going to his horse. Not so well.

I wave to Tess and she runs out of the barn. I see Kira looking at me as she finished eating.

'' It is me and you girl'' I say, coming closer to her stall. I let her sniff my hand and I slowly open the stable doors. She steps backward as I enter ''Easy, I will not hurt you. Trust me'' I say with most comforting voice. Her nostrils vibrated which made the sound of nickering. I smile and walk out of her stable.

''First goes grooming'' She snorts as I walk off in the storeroom. Where I grab a grooming kit and start making my way back. When I come to Kira I get a rope, I can't use halter just yet. I throw the rope over her head and stabilize it around her neck. She prances her head wildly and lifts her front legs. She waves them and I give a slight tug on the rope ''Easy, girl, easy'' I comfort her and she paws the ground. I give her a slight tug and she remains in one place. I continue to tug her but she does not move. I click my tongue and pick a piece of carrot from my pocket and she follows. We exit her stable and once she approaches me I give her the treat. I see people gasping and point to me. Tess waves them to watch their own business and she grins. I tug the rope and she comes towards the carrot. We move out of the barn and I tie her on one of the wooden tying poles outside the barn. I tie the rope on one of the poles and give her the carrot. I run back to get the grooming kit and once I do and prepare to groom Kira, the wild girl. I pat her back and she moves aside as my hand gets closer to her wound.

I shake my head and go back to the storeroom I grab a horse medic kit and read the paper for use. I get a cotton ball and open a bottle which was in the kit, spilling it in one tiny plate in the kit. I dip it inside and lift it to the mare's wounds. She didn't have much but scars were everywhere. Once I give her all medical attention I pass on the grooming, I grab a comb and use it to get the burs out of her mane. I finish her mane with few times her intentions on biting but I just push her off and calm her down.  I show her the curry comb and pass it over her neck, cleaning the mud. I do the same with rest of her body and do it carefully with her mid-line. When I finish grooming I give her a piece of carrot and scratch behind her ear, I admire my work and look at the mare which was pure white. She is the most beautiful living being I've ever seen. I sit on the pole and the mare sniffs my lap, searching for carrots and I grab one, I wait for her to turn her head away and then give her on the ground. She munches it and she looks in distance. I see Rachel.

''Hello, you finally decided to take care of that crazy beast'' She giggles, leading her horse asides.

''She is not crazy! She just needs someone to trust her and take care of her, she is just like us.'' I reply angrily and Rachel moves off embarrassed. Kira whinnies and I rub her muzzle. She lifts her upper lip and I giggle. ''You are so sweet''.

I finally started something different then sulking because I came on the farm. I think this is where I belong and who I truly am. I found what I've been looking for. Myself.