[17] Rescue

Author:

This chapter will be a little shorter, I promise the other one is going to be something you love. It is going to be longer than this, anyways the main theme in this one is to rescue horses, so its like an extra.

The truck drifts at the curves, the wheels are stable. The engine like this one I missed. I grin as I watch the surroundings, they truly were beautiful. The man would possibly freak out when he sees a giant black truck with a horse head on the hood and a black car with a horse head on the hood next to it.

He will not be pleased with us coming.

The truck slowly pulls into a driveway and stops. I sigh and open the doors, smiling at Victor. I exit the truck and look around. Small paddocks were filled with horses, they did not look so well. I glance all around, hoping to catch Kira.

''What are we going to do with them?'' I ask, turning to see Brittany's face, she was not pleased with these horses treated this way. 

''We will set them free, and get some horses with us,'' She finally speaks and I nod my head. Oh, we are late. Police are already talking to the man before cuffing his hands and taking him along to the car. Officer nods at us before he drives away.

We all walk in the barn and I look around. My heart stops and the glance of the last stable. It is a familiar whinny. A familiar head and familiar horse. Kira. I run through the aisle and drift to her stable. I smile and pat her head reassuringly, she cuddles to me and I grab a dirty rope by side of her stall and attach it to a dirty halter. I open the stall doors widely and walk her through. She follows without any problems and we walk through the whole barn like that and I release her in front of the trailer. I first think she will bolt away but no, she stands still and starts to graze. I open the trailer slide doors and walk her in, curling the rope to her halter. She snorts as I close the trailer. I spot Brittany leading a pure black horse, his eyes were sharp and I was sure he was a show horse, based on his type and relaxed proud gait, as he walks he raised his legs tall, his long mane flowed on the wind, he is a graceful horse.

I smile and walk to Brittany's car. Once she settles the horse she walks to me.

''You are joining?'' She questions and sits in the driver's seat. I nod my head and sit in the passenger seat.

She drives away.

(...)

''Come on,'' I say ''Let's go, girl,''.

I lead her to the paddock and take off the muddy halter off. I gently hit her rump and she bolts in the run. She throws bucks around, rears and jumps around. How happy! Then she gracefully trots back and I smile and pat her gently on the head.  She starts to graze next to me and I sit on the fence.  I pat her back and look at places she had cuts, thankfully they were healed. Her hair was regrowing on the scars, that mud was covering.

Which meant grooming, later this day.

I continue to pat her back and she grazes, not even noticing me. I chuckle under my breath. I adore this mare way too much.

I hear two same laughing voices.

''Oh! Little savior called Allison rescued her little mare,'' They laughed, Mark and Austin, or another way around.

''Oh, shut it. You can be scared by-'' I start but the cat jumps in front of them and they scream, running away.

''a cat'' I whisper and Kira snorts. I pat her back again and she continues to graze. I hop off the fence and greet Kira. She nuzzles me and I give her a piece of carrot from my pocket. She happily munches it and bolts in a run around the paddock, she lifts her tail and she gallops. She stops instantly and blinks multiple times at me before galloping around and bucking. She is so adorable.

I walk further from the paddock and sigh deeply, she is finally back with me, I love that mare so much.

I enter the ranch house and feel my stomach growl. I giggle and enter the canteen, everyone makes space for me and I gulp. Well, this is descipline. I get  to the serve and grab a plate of green beans and mashed potatoes. I sit on the table and dig in my food. I did not eat for long time, my mind was off the food. I finish my meal and head out of the house, the sun was setting and I grin as I watch it. I sit on the porch and look at KIra, she is so playfull. I think I could spend rest of my life time sitting on this porch and watching Kira.