'Cause here I am,
I'm giving all I can,
But all you ever do is mess it up.

"Tylerrrr, put her down! She's mine!" Ethan whined like a child and stomped his foot, while Tyler gave you a piggy back around the park, running away from Ethan.
You called out to Ethan "IM A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN WHO DONT NEED NO MAN!"
Tyler chimed in "AND IF SHE DID, IT'D BE ME!"
Ethan gasped "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU TRY AND STEAL MY GIRL!"
Amy ran over to you and helped you off Tyler's back, then grabbed your hand "SHE'S MINE, YOU CAN BOTH GO FUCK YOURSELVES!"
The two of you ran away from the pair of boys, until you found yourselves a coffee shop, the boys panting behind you. You seated yourselves at a table, with you sat beside Amy, Ethan opposite you, and Tyler next to him, opposite Amy.
Amy raised an eyebrow at the boys "Why are you two so crazy for (Y/N)?"
You rolled your eyes "Trust me, they're not, it's all just for banter."
Tyler laughed "Exactly!"
Ethan nudged Tyler "Speak for yourself!" Then he looked over at you and winked.
You pretended not to notice, and glanced over at the waitress, allowing yourself to get consumed by your guilt as she walked over to your table.

Yeah, I'm right here,
I'm trying to make it clear
That getting half of you, just ain't enough.

As you exited the coffee shop, Amy hopped on Tyler's back.
"ONWARDS MY TRUSTY STEED!" She shouted, pointing down the street, and off Tyler galloped, leaving you and Ethan stood watching them.
Ethan turned to you and bent down slightly in front of you, his back to you "C'mon, let's beat 'em!"
Without giving yourself time to think up an excuse, you jumped on his back, and he ran after them with you. You reached the park gates, and Amy gasped at the sight of you.
"THE ENEMY APPROACHES! QUICK, ATTACK!" Tyler bellowed.
Ethan turned and ran in the opposite direction, as far away from them as he could before he got out of breath and put you down.
"Think we lost them?" He asked, smiling at you.
You laughed slightly "Let's hope so!"
You leaned against the wall of a building and Ethan stood in front of you, towering over you a little. Blushing at the small amount of space between you, you looked down at the ground, but Ethan slowly lifted your chin with his finger and smiled at you. You dont know whether it was his smile, or being alone with him, or the whole situation, but whatever it was, it did something to you, and suddenly your defences disappeared. You wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him, his arms instantly finding their way around your waist and pulling your body flush against his as he sighed against your lips.
"C'MON TRUSTY STEED, THEY CANT BE FAR!" You heard Amy's voice in the distance, and Ethan's lips slowly left yours. It took every ounce of strength you had not to pull his lips back to yours, you already felt addicted to him.
"We should go and find them." Your own voice spoke out of your control.
Ethan kissed your forehead "I dont know, Im enjoying this alone time with you."
Your arms fell from his neck, and his reluctantly released your waist.
"We should go." Your voice was monotone, and you forced yourself to look at him and see the hurt in his expression, to see the damage you caused, before you walked away from him, following the direction Amy's voice came from.

I'm not going to wait until you're done
Pretending you don't need anyone,
I'm standing here naked.

Ethan made himself so vulnerable to you on so many occasions. He didnt want to, but it was his last hope at getting you to see his feelings. Since the day you met, the two of you had feelings for each other, and you both knew it, but while Ethan tried to make something of it, you chose to ignore both his and your own feelings. It was your chosen obliviousness that led Ethan to such obvious methods of flirting and making his feelings known, and those kisses were his very last resort, because your body reacted before your mind could process it, and while you could have dismissed him verbally, your body couldnt resist immediately kissing him back the first time. That gave Ethan hope, false hope, and the determination to keep trying, because he had proof that you liked him back. You had to be harsher, and your harsh rejections destroyed him.