Chapter 29: I'd Rather Die

Start from the beginning

About 10 minutes and she still wasn't saying anything so Lala included her in the conversation "Ehen!! Adilah mun ce we would talk to them, muna so a yi pre wedding dinner ne instead of bridal shower, you guys would attend and invite you friends.. You didn't tell him ko?"

She frowned "i forgot" then she stood up and left, both of their eyes following her as she walked majestically out of the room.

Silence...

"maybe i should not have come" he stood up to leave Lala also stood up as usual to walk him out

"Anty Jay bari in koma, a gaida min da Jake"

"toh Abdul! Zai ji In Shaa Allahu"

They walked and talked as Lala walked him to the porch "i don't even understand why she's mad"

"you cheated on her, that's why she's mad"

He paused thinking about it "right" they where both quiet for a few seconds "toh bari in koma, Allah ya kiyaye hanya"

"amin.. Thank you so much"
And he left.
***

Dear diary,

I've missed Tahira, it is so weird that we don't talk anymore. Next coming weekend is Abdulmaleek and Adilah's wedding, thinking of what she might be going through was all i could do even though i tried calling her a few times. Abdulzahir and i would be going to kano on thursday for the pre wedding dinner, and we would wai till the wedding Fatiha on saturday before coming back to kd where the reception would take place and later on sunday budan kai for the brides.

I don't know how to be there with my husband and not there for my friend, but then again Abdulzahir and Abdulmaleek have been friends probably for longer than me and Tahira, it is only right that he would be there for him and me being his wife he had to take me with him, i hope Tahira understands.

i woke up to the mint scent of his breath against my face, sweet mint with lemon scent from the shisha he had smoked the previous night. I was exhausted from last night, sometimes i wonder if drugs are added to his flavour. One day i wish i would be in a position to influence him to stop smoking. I started to move away from his bare skin and with his right arm he caught me. I didn't even realize he was awake, there was nothing i loved more than kissing him with the morning supposed to be stinking breath, though often his morning breath was amazing, and with his incredibly soft lips combined made every kiss seductive. He would call it 'my morning breakfast'

Every wife knew something special or different about her husband, i am no different, i knew exactly why Fateema didn't want to let him go, there where certain things she knew she wouldn't find else where.

I owe Abdulmaleek for talking to him. Abdulzahir has been a completely changed man ever since but most of all i owe Tahira for telling Abdulmaleek. Oh Allah Tahira my best friend, Tahira often comes to my mind, i knew what i would be missing if i lost Abdulzahir but often i wonder if Abdulmaleek knew what he lost. Sometimes i think she deserves better just like she always thought i deserved more, us girl need to stick together but alas here we are.

Overrated!!! Love, marriage, money, fame. Here i am married to a handsome intelligent lawyer, who lacks nothing, but happiness was something that seem to demand a heavy price. I met this woman online who seem to be an expert on kayan mata and she told me she could make me a love potion which would cost me about 150 thousand Naira. She told me that using it would keep my man away from any other mistress and i would keep him to myself. Money was not the problem, the problem was i thought it might be classified as shirk (associating Allah with others). For now i have decided to keep that suggestion aside and consult my friends. Though Tahira would have been in a better position to help me she was more vast in Islamic knowledge, i would have to talk to the others because they are all i have left.