Epilogue

My hands are chained above my head, making me stand. I can't believe Mr. Calhoun works for Dane. I can't believe Dane is back. I can't believe I'm back with him. The only person I haven't seen is Jay, but I'm sure that's just a matter of time. I'm sure I'll see him sometime soon—any minute, any hour, any day now. I shook my head and closed my eyes, trying to focus, but there wasn't really anything I needed to focus on. I'm back with them. I'm alone this time. There's nothing I can do to get away now.

     The door lock clicks, and I open my eyes standing up straight, putting my game face on all right before the door swings open. Dane and an older man walk in, along with Mr. Calhoun standing back by the door. The older man nods to him, and Mr. Calhoun closes the door leaving us alone. I didn't care, well, I did, but I knew I couldn't show it in my face. I had to act tough. I had to act like I wasn't scared. I had to act. I'm not sure I could act all tough if I saw Jay again. Jay was a scary man when he was angry.

     I ran away from Jay. Dane helped me, and now I'm back. Dane is helping Jay. The older man tilts his head and studied me up and down. "This is the girl my son was obsessed with?" He asks and Dane nods. Wait. Son? Son!? This is their father!? Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

     "This is her," Dane says with a smirk growing on his face. "Ryder Rexha. Lift her shirt, and you'll see Jay's name." The man walks toward me and lifts my shirt as my arm twitches to punch him. The man lets out a huff and puts down the shirt.

     "You are the last thing I have left of my son." He says, and I narrow my eyes. The last thing he has left?

     "What are you talking about?" I ask suspiciously.

     "Jay, he was murdered." He says, and I freeze. So, w- why am I here with them? They don't think I killed him, do they?

     "I didn't kill him." I say, shaking my head, and the man chuckles.

     "I know. You're here for a reason, and two more people are coming."

     "Why?"

     "Because you were my son's obsession." The man says. I glance to Dane, finding him staring me down, and I quickly look back to the man in front of me.

     "I didn't ask to be." I stupidly growl.

     "No," the man says. "And I didn't ask for my son to die." He deserved it- is what I wanted to spit out, but I held back. He shakes his head and begins walking away toward the door, Dane following.

     "Who?" I ask, and he stops hesitating before turning back to me. He smiles and takes an extra step back. "Who are you taking?" What is wrong with this family?

     "Three people. All for a reason. Guess which one's you."

     "Why?"

     "Humor us." Dane says.

     "His murderer." His father says, raising a finger. "His prize." He raises another finger. "And-" He smiles wider and points to me. "His obsession."