Chapter Sixty-Six I'm Not Leaving

Never Be The Same - Camila Cabello

    I feel someone slowly running their hand through my hair making me feel so comfortable. My head was on something hard, but comfortable, a chest? And my arm is draped around the person's waist as his other arm is wrapped around me holding me to them. Why do I feel so comfortable? I don't even know who this is. It could be some stranger. I am under the covers and I don't seem to remember getting under them but I am incredibly warm. I didn't know if my warmth was coming from the blankets, or the person next to me. Both, maybe?

     Who knows? I shift a little and I keep my breathing steady hoping that the person doesn't know I'm awake. Why am I so scared? I don't even know who it is. "Why do I feel like I don't even know who you are anymore?" He whispers. Dallas. Dallas is holding me right now. I shiver and Dallas pulls me tighter to him while pulling the blanket up also. Why does he seem to be taking care of me? I thought he was mad at me. I thought he was ignoring me. I was mad at him. I was ignoring him. I should push him away. So, why didn't I want to?

     "You leave, and then you come back with bruises everywhere?" He asks the air. I knew he wasn't technically asking me since I was 'asleep'. I'm a terrible person. Aren't I? Why do I feel like one? "Where the hell did you go, Ryder?" I slightly shift, not wanting to listen to his questions. "What the hell did you do?" If I told you, you would be mad at me again. You would yell at me again. I don't want to be yelled at again. It's too early. Or late. I don't keno what it is right now because I'm too scared to open my eyes. Why am I so scared to open my eyes?

     "Why won't you talk to me?" He asks and I mentally groan taking my arm from around his waist and turning away from him, but regretting it instantly. I'm not as warm or comfortable anymore. I hear him sigh and his hand stops running through my hair. "Even in you're sleep you turn your back on me. Why do you keep things from me? Why don't you trust me? What can I do to make you trust me? What can I do to help you? You just have to tell me what I need to do and I'll do it. I won't even hesitate." My heart seems to skip a couple of beats at his words.

     "Just tell me what I need to do." He whispers pulling me tighter to him cutting off my air supply as I suck in a breath and my eyes open wide. What is he doing? Trying to kill me? Well, I think it's working. He's successfully taking my breath away. Oh, God, I can't breathe!

     "You can let me breathe." I wheeze out as his muscles seem to tense making things worse. I pull at his arm a couple of times before he loosens it letting me breathe again and I take deep breaths. What was his problem? I seriously think he was trying to secretly kill me. It wouldn't surprise me, I've made him very mad in the past couple of days. I wouldn't be shocked if he suddenly snapped because of me.

     "Sorry." He mutters trying to move, but I was laying on his arm, so he couldn't really get away. "C-could you move?" He asks and I hesitate. Should I let him leave? This is the only time I have him alone with me and he's trapped by me. He can't leave and stop talking to me. That'd be too easy. So maybe I should keep him trapped. Yup. I'm going to keep his arm trapped under me.

     "Nope." I say moving and getting comfortable again, with my back still to him as I slide my arm under a pillow and pull it under my head more.

     "Seriously?" He asks, a little shock in his voice. Why did he sound so shocked? I thought I've told him many times I'm not going to do what he says. Does he really think I'd obey him now? He really doesn't listen to a word I say, does he? Apparently not if he believes I'm going to move.

     "Yup." I say, closing my eyes and trying to steady my breathing.

     "A-are you going back to sleep?" He asks as he stops moving and I nod.