Chapter Sixty-Seven A Place Skanks Eat At

Something Just Like This- The Chainsmokers & Coldplay

    "Why Logan's Steakhouse?" I whisper in Sam's ear as Dallas drives, glancing back at us every so often. I'm not complaining about her decision, it's an excellent restaurant to eat at and they have fantastic food— I love their steaks— but it's also an expensive place to eat at. Like I understand, steaks aren't free, but Damn. I shake my head. Sam turns to me and narrows her eyes studying me. Why is she looking at me like that?

     "Because they have amazing food and I'm craving some fried pickles." She says and I hold in a moan. Fried pickles. I love me some fried pickles.

     "Okay, as long as I'm paying." I say leaning away and looking out the window. I feel her eyes on me but I don't look.

     "You aren't paying." She whispers and I look at her to see her shaking her head. I cross my arms.

     "I'm paying." I shrug, biting my lip. "End of argument."

     "Okay, Dallas." She grumbles loud enough for him to hear and I narrow my eyes. I glance in the rearview mirror to see a slight smile and him shaking his head.

     "Come on, you know how much that insults me." I say and he rolls his eyes making me smile. Good. I look back to Sam as she crosses her arms.

     "Why can't we just make him pay?" She asks and I shrug.

     "I like to be difficult." I say as if it was apparent. It really is though.

     "You're telling me." She scoffs and I nod.

     "Yeah, I am telling you." I say in a completely serious voice.

     "Can you guys just, stop talking? You're giving me a headache." Dallas complains, rubbing his jaw.

     "Good." Sam and I reply at the same time, looking at each other and laughing. Why are we friends? This is why. This is precisely why we're friends.

     "You know, I'm driving the car," Dallas says, hinting at something. "I can stop and let you out of the car."

     "Yeah, but you wouldn't go very far," Sam says. "You care about us." She says as if talking to a child.

     "Then I can turn this car around and go back to the house." Dallas suggests and I shake my head.

     "That doesn't work either," I say. "Then Sam and I would both walk, and you don't want that now do you?" Dallas pulls up to a red stop light and glares at me in the rearview mirror.

     "You really do like being difficult." He says and I shrug.

     "I tried telling you."

     "Oh, I've known for a while." He mumbles as the light turns green and he starts driving again.

     "Then why do you keep sounding shocked every time someone points it out?"

     "Cause I'm not used to it."

     "Then get used to it." He rolls his eyes before turning right and pulling into the parking lot. Sam gives me a look and I smile mischievously before nodding.

     "Let me find a parking spot." Dallas says as he keeps driving but Sam and I open our doors making Dallas growl and stop the car allowing us to jump out.

     "Thank you," Sam says and we close the doors. I walk around the car to Sam and we link arms, watching Dallas mutter something and continue driving before we begin walking to the restaurant. Sam opens the door and bows. "Ladies first."