Chapter Ten Waking Up

Just a Dream- Carrie Underwood

    I move my neck slightly which was a mistake. Instantly I was hit with a major pounding sensation in my head and I got a painful straining feeling in my neck. My head felt like my brain was throbbing and about to either explode in my head or expand and break my skull. My neck felt like something was cracked and like my muscles were sore and bruised. Why was my head pounding? Why does my neck hurt so much? What the hell happened? I forced my tired, dry, and glued shut eyes open.

     I can't believe this. I was in this dark room and had no idea where it was. I woke up in here two days ago and so far, no one has been in here and the lights haven't come on or anything. The only thing I know is that I'm standing and my hands were above my head, chains around my wrists holding me. I couldn't kneel, my knees wouldn't touch the ground, so if I passed out, I would just hang there. It hurt, it hurt a lot.

     I tried and I tried to break the chain, but they wouldn't break. I've pulled, yanked, put all my weight on it, and done almost everything, but they were too thick. Too strong. They wouldn't break no matter what I did to them. It made me wonder how new these chains were. Did the person who took me know he was going to take me before he did? Did he plan this all out before it happened? Why did he choose to take me? Why me? I was just walking home like usual. Nothing strange.

     Well, yeah I guess there was something strange. A car was following me that I didn't pay attention to because I was arguing with my mom. She was texting me and we were just arguing over stupid stuff. Now I wish we didn't argue at all. I wish I never told her I hated her. I know I didn't mean it, I was just mad, I say stupid stuff when I'm mad, but I usually don't mean what I say. Does she know that I didn't mean it? What if I never see her again? Will she know I love her?

     What happens now? Will I ever get out of where ever I am? Why hasn't the person that took me came yet? Does he just want to starve me? Dehydrate me? Does he want to do that so he could kill me without actually killing me? Why can't he just kill me now? Why can't he just get it over with? Does he want me to suffer? Why would whoever took me want me to suffer? What the hell did I ever do to them? Who the hell took me, and why would they choose me? I have so many questions. I have so many things I want to know.

     Is my family okay? Were they hurt in any way other than me being taken? Is the person who took me after them or are they really after me? Do they hate my family? Did my parents do something to them so bad that made them think 'hey let's kidnap their daughter'? Is this some kind of ransom thing? Are they just greedy people who don't want to work? So they kidnapped me? Did they kidnap me for money? Oh, this is going to drive me insane, it's bad to be alone with thoughts.

     I can't believe this is happening to me. I feel my heart start beating faster in my chest as my breathing starts picking up.

     "What's happening?" I hear a voice say from above me. Was that Eddie?

     "She's going into shock." A girls voice says. Who's that?

     "What does that mean?" A different male voice says. Is that- no, why would he even care?

     "It means we have to stabilize her now." The girl voice says.

     "How? What do we have to do?" Eddie asks.

     I felt a touch on my hand and I jerk my hands hearing the chains rattle.

     "I'll tell you want to do, just make sure you do exactly what I say." The girl voice says. "Right now-"

     I shake my head as my heart beat continues to beat faster and faster. Why is it beating so fast? Nothing is happening. Ryder, nothing is happening right now. No one is here with you. You don't have to be scared or worried yet. No one is hurting you, no one is doing anything, so just calm down. You don't want to have a panic attack do you? No, no you don't. Just. Calm. Down. I close my eyes and start taking slow, deep breaths as I feel my heart beat go back to its normal rhythm.