Chapter 8

Sydney 

Funny enough, having drunk and vomiting Niall Horan throwing up all over your hotel bathroom, isn't as hot as you might imagine it to be. I'd like to think that I'm the type of girl to be in there babying him and helping him through this mess he's gotten himself in to, but, to be perfectly honest, I'm really frigging tired am having trouble finding that instinctive desire to be nurturing. I pour myself a glass of bourbon and decide to see if I can find it at the bottom.  

"Syd! Syd can you..." his voice is suddenly cut off by another violent burst of liquid hitting basin. 

"Water! Please, water!" 

You're in a bathroom. You really can't find your own source of water? I grudgingly grab an empty cup and enter the bathroom to find Niall red faced and slumped over a full toilet. Drool drips down both sides of his chin and his white tank top is stained with, well, everything. But it's his eyes that get to me; his puffy eyes are swollen and pink, glistening with tears. I rush to the sink and fill the empty cup with cool water.

"Here." I say, handing him the glass. 

I turn back to the sink and switch handles, running a washcloth under warm water. Once it's thoroughly saturated I ring it out and kneel down beside Niall. 

His left cheek is pressed to the side of the toilet, his eyes looking up at me in complete misery. I reach over and push his hair off his forehead then gently begin to wipe the sides of his mouth. He closes his eyes in what I hope is relief and comfort. 

"Are you feeling better? Or do you think you may be sick again?" 

He lifts his head in response and reaches his arm out. I hand him the glass of water and he takes a drink. 

"Syd." 

"Ssh!" I press my finger to his lips. I know he wants to apologize, or maybe even thank me, but I need him to be sure that he's better first. 

And let's be honest, I really wanted to touch his lips.  

I replace my finger with a cup of water and slowly tilt it towards him until he finishes it's contents.  

"Syd..." He starts again, but this time I take his hand in mine and slowly help him to stand with me.  

"Is this alright?" I ask him 

He nods. 

"Sydney thank you. I'm really sorry." he says, lowering his head in shame. 

"We should get this off of you." I say, lightly pulling the bottom of his shirt. 

He looks at me amused, lifting one eyebrow and smirking slightly.