Chapter 11

Sydney 

The rest of the concert went by in a daze. I'm so glad I had gone to the previous nights because the only thing on my mind for the next hour and thirty minutes was Liam Payne's chest, arms, eyes, lips... 

Niall came by two or three more times, and I swear Harry winked at me, but it all blurs in comparison to Liam's final reprize. During story of my life, Liam came back over, squated down on the stage closest to me, and sang "I know that in the morning now, I see us in a light upon a hill." It took every ounce of self control to keep from screaming, to just let my smile show it all. The end of the last concert should be filled with tears and a heavy heart, but I'm anxious for it to be over. As Harry sings the closing line of Best Song Ever, the security guard turns towards us.  

"When the lights go down and the band leaves the stage, I need you two to head back to the same door you came out of. I'll be behind you to hold the crowd back." He recites in a perfect monotone.  

Heading through the silent stairwell, I finally let it all out. I grip Brittney's shoulder and jump up and down, squealing in her ear. 

"I love him! And he loves me! Whether he knows it or not, he loves me!" 

 Rather than pushing me off, she returns the excitement. 

"Oh my god, oh my god, and to think that I've had him inside me! Seriously, like, FUCK!" 

And that killed it. 

I let go of the hand full of dress I had in my grasp and let my arms drop to my side. I know I told her that I can't be mad, any girl would do the same, but we need to establish that he's mine and she needs to back the fuck off. I stay quiet while the guard leads us back stage. She's completely ruined my excitement, and rather than wanting to rush in and see my boys, I want to rush home and cry in bed. My stomach is turning, it's nerve wrecking enough getting to go back stage and meet them, but the reminder that the man my heart pines for, has fucked my best friend, seriously makes me feel sick.  

I barely hear the guard knock on the dressing room door over the sound of my own heartbeat. The door swings open and Niall's laughing face fills my view. 

"Nice Surprise, eh?" He says, scooping me into a one armed hug that tilts me backwards like a sailor in a romantic film.  

All my nerves wash away as he makes me giggle.  

"Don't tell me that was your idea!" I say, teasing him. 

"Nope! It was all Liam, but I was glad to help! I heard you're coming to my party tonight? I hope you don't plan on wearing my shirt!"  

I panic a little as I realize my outfit for the concert is most likely not appropriate for a party. Part of me is relived. Maybe it's best that I don't go, I wont know anyone, I don't really want Brittney to go with me, and I always feel overwhelmed in social situations anyway. 

"I, well... what are you guys doing?" I say, failing to camouflage my nerves. 

"Don't worry! Caroline can help you!" 

"Caroline, what do you have back there for a pretty little girl to wear?" Niall shouts behind him. 

Caroline peaks her head around a wall that I hadn't noticed before, and looks around to see what Niall is referring to. When she sees me she smiles and steps out.  

"Hello, I'm Caroline Watson." She says, holding my hand with both of hers. "You must be Sydney, it's nice to meet you."  

Her politeness has made me remember my own manners.