Chapter 7

Sydney 

My mouth hangs open and my eyes are wide as I apply one final layer of mascara, for the sixth time. I'm stalling. B told me where he would be, and I had thought maybe if I were prepared before seeing him, instead of it being a surprise, that  then I'd actually be able to speak.  

But then, what would I say? What if he's not even there? And if he is there, well, he's there for her, not me. 

Do I really even want someone whose slept with Brittney? Then again, it's not his fault she's such a whore. Plus, I really wouldn't be 'getting him' anyway. 

I take a deep breath and step out of the hotel room door. If I have anything working for me this time, it's that I feel amazing. My hair and makeup are perfect and my tight black dress is just long enough to ensure that you don't see ass. 

The elevator ride goes too fast and doesn't leave me with the time I needed to compose myself. By the time the door opens and I step out, a lump has formed in my throat and I'm pretty sure I'm sweating like a man. Cute.  

It's complete chaos out here, there are legit ten year olds trying to get into the hotel bar. Security isn't letting anyone by. My mind has jumped from giddy fangirl mode to problem solver. 

I walk straight to the front of the line. 

"Excuse me miss, the bar is full. You need to wait in line if you want a chance to get in." 

One glance into the bar area was all I needed to see that this plan has a chance at working. I need to go for it before I chicken out.  

"Oh I'm not really trying to get in, I was here at lunch today and I think I left my card at the bar."  

The bouncer raises his eyebrows at me. 

"Nice try." He says, dismissing me and turning back towards the line. 

"No really! Please, will you just ask the bartender? I really need my money!" 

He looks back and forth between me and the mostly empty bar, trying to decide if he believes me. Full bar my ass, but, I'm able to see him in there. This has to work! 

"Please! That one right there! Ask her!" I say pointing to the bitchy bartender from last night whose currently serving Liam. 

I try to remain stable and pretend that seeing him has no effect on me. They've both looked up at the sound of my pleas.  

"Hey Tammy!" The bouncer shouts across to the bar, "this girl here says she left her card earlier today, you got anything back there?" 

"No cards here today!" She responds, shaking her head. 

It's okay though, because Liam is looking at me and smiling. He's smiling. 

At me.