Chapter 27

Liam 

Strands of silk slip through my fingers as I caress the hair of the girl curled beside me.  

Not the girl. My girl.  

My girlfriend.  

I hadn't exactly planned on asking her to be my girlfriend. Not yet anyway, she was right, it was too soon. Eventually, I had given it some thought, later on, make a big ordeal about it and announce it to all our friends and family. But last night, when the topic was brought up, I couldn't think of any reason to wait.  

"And you were afraid someone else might beat you to it." my subconscious adds.  

Jealousy aside, I don't regret my decision. In just the short time that I've known her, she's already got me hopping on airplanes to see her, and waking up sober more often than not. I'm not sure what it is that stood out about her, except that she wouldn't sleep with me. Is that really all it is? Am I going to get bored the moment she says yes? 

But no, her denying me only intrigued me, spiked my interest. It was actually talking to her that got me hooked. She's strong and she's real. I haven't heard one complaint from her about social media attacks, she isn't desperately trying to keep me, she hasn't asked me to buy her anything or introduce her to anyone, she genuinely seems interested in me.  

I lean over and plant a small kiss on the bridge of her nose, causing her eyes to flutter awake. When she takes site of me a smile grows on her face and she snuggles closer to my side. 

"Good morning babe." 

"Morning" She mumbles back into my chest.  

"Anything you want to do today?"  

"This." She says warmly. 

I wrap both arms around her pull her closer in to me. 

"This, I could do forever."  

Sydney 

The word forever has always scared me, but on Liam's lips, it sounded as enticing as heaven itself. Last night made me feel closer to him, and I'm not referring to the status change in our relationship. Liam was all about pleasing me last night, never asking for anything in return, and never pressuring me to do more than he knew I was ready for. He held my gaze the entire time, studied my reactions, my every twitch and responded without my instruction. I knew that when we ever... IF we ever.. that it would be amazing.  

"What are you grinning for?" Liam asks as his mischievous smirk appears in the mirror behind me. 

Gosh he's cute.  

"Just thinking about how you wont be able to kiss me all day." I say, returning his playful smile.  

"Really now? And why is that?" He asks, kissing me just below my ear.  

"Because..." I say, turning around to face him, "My genius boyfriend didn't think to pack me a toothbrush!" 

"Fuck!" He mutters, dropping his arms from around me and leaving the bathroom. 

"Fuck! Fuck!" I hear again as I step into the bedroom to see if he was truly upset. 

Liam stands at the hotel window looking down, pushing his fingers through his unkempt hair he rubs the back of his neck before turning around and grabbing his phone off of the night stand. I watch as he furiously presses buttons and puts the phone to his ear. I make my way over to the window to give him privacy. Glancing down, I see the cause of his frustration, and can't help but feel a little disappointed at his attitude towards the fans. Then again, It's completely understandable, not being able to go anywhere, or do anything. I was trying not to listen in on his conversation, but the closeness of the room makes this difficult. I'm easily able to deduce that he is speaking with Zayn - whose harsh accent travels through the speaker.