Chapter 16

Sydney

"What do you like on your pizza Syd?" Liam asks as he tries to hold his phone out of reach of Zerrie's slobber.  

"Umm... all meat preferably. But I'll eat anything but mushrooms, or like, anchovies. That's weird." 

"Did you catch all that?" Liam asks Harry. 

He laughs in response to something Harry says. 

"I think we're close, stuff looks familiar. Do you mind if we bring a horse with us so we don't  have to stop back at her house?" 

I laugh with him this time, turning down the radio so he doesn’t have to yell.  

"Is the horse going to be hungry too? I don't think they like pizza much." I hear Harry's voice over the phone. 

"She's packed food for her, she should be alright.... hey what's your gate code? My phone is dying." 

"Oh, it's 1224. I'll see you soon." 

"See ya.." Liam says, hanging up the phone.  

"You know, that probably wasn't very smart."  

"What?" 

"Giving a crazy stalker fan the  key code to Harry's house." I say, winking at him.  

"I'd be more worried if it were Harry that you were crazy about, but, we both know that's not the case." He says, squeezing my hand in his before brining it to his lips. 

All momentary fantasies of sneaking into Hazza's house and trying on his underwear are pushed aside by the butterflies making their way through my body. I do my best to ignore his inviting eyes and focus on the road. I untwine my fingers from his and turn the stereo back but, but he immediately pulls my hand back to hold it within his.  

"How about you just leave it on shuffle, that way you don't need to keep changing it?" He suggests.  

I blush at the flattering implication, and then grin as I recognize the beginning of the next song.  

"Whenever I see someone, less fortunate than I..." 

"And let's face it, who isn't, less fortunate than I?" I join in.  

Liam makes a face and I start to crack. 

"My tender heart tends to start to bleed" I sing, laughing this time, 

"What in the world is this?" He finally asks. 

"And even in your case." I point at him, "though it's the toughest case I've yet to face.." 

He raises one eyebrow and smirks at me. I finally give in.  

"Have you really never seen Wicked?" 

"That's a musical, right?" 

"Yes!" I laugh.  

"So you like musicals? Is that one your favorite?" 

"I don’t know. I've read all the books and know the songs, but, I haven't seen the show." 

"Why not?" 

"Cause I'm obsessed with some stupid boy band and I can’t afford anything else." 

It was Liam's turn to laugh.  

"You found this way too easily, maybe I do need to be worried." Liam comments as I pull onto Harry's street. 

"Oh shush!" I say, winking at him as I roll down the window to type the security code in.