Chapter 6

Liam 

"And if he feels my traces in your hair, I'm sorry love but I don't really ca..." 

"Lou?" I murmur rolling over. 

"mmmm good morning boo, why are you calling so early?" 

"ugghhh!" 

"Yeah yeah, alright. Ummm... give me an hour..." 

"Traffic. And I'm still in bed. You'll be home by 5, right?" 

"Kay kay, love you too." 

I am staring in shock at the woman next to me as she hangs up her phone. 

"Umm, good morning." I say, emphasizing my confusion with my voice.  

"Hey! Good morning to you too sexy man." 

Those words cause my chest to fill with pride and I pull her closer to me. She doesn't budge though.  

"Sorry babe, that was my husband. Our sitter called in sick and he has work today so I've gotta go home and take care of my son."

Home? She's leaving. She's leaving to be with her kid. Because her husband.... her fucking husband.

What the hell!

Everything in my mind is spinning.

Circles, we're going in circles.

I'm going...

The room is going in circles.  

"Bye babe. I'll look for you again tonight. Same place." 

I lay there pressed to the mattress. My mind spins so fast that it forces me still. I couldn't move if I tried. 

Could I be responsible for ending a marriage? Causing a woman to have an affair. Have their been others? No, I'm sure she's the only one.

How can I be sure, I don't even know how many women I've been with over the past few months. It's funny, cause, for the longest time, I was the one who had been with the fewest girls. 

There was Emmalynn, she was my first. It was my 16th birthday party and only my sisters and grandmother had came. I was crushed, not because no one had come, but that the one girl I had wanted to come most, didn't make it. The disappointment and humiliation of that night should have served as a warning to her selfish ways. I should have given up on her then. 

But Emmalynn, Emmalynn was my sisters friend who came by later that night and taught me the ways of being a man. I was awkward, but not her. She was experianced and full of confidence. She taught me what woman like: what to touch, where to kiss, what to say. I was young, but, I was proud of what I carried, and she came back again. 

By the time I met Danielle, I had hooked up with Emma a couple of time, but, being with a woman I loved made the experiance for greater than what Emma could ever have shown me. She too had only ever been with one other person. I remember how nervous, how self-concious I was, wondering how I would compare. When it came to showing my love for her though, it was so beautiful that the heavens themselves dimmed in comparison.