Chapter 23

|| Hey guy's I just wanted to apologize for how long this update took - and how short it is! Steal My Girl comes out today! 5/5 just got to LA and I'm hoping to try and find them tomorrow. I'll be quicker on the next update. Can't wait to read your comments! OH! And THANK YOU so much for getting me to 7k!"

Sydney

The bedroom door slowly creaks open and a dark figure slips inside her room. Shadows cast upon the wall reveal a tall cloaked man. His arm stretched out, he grabs the blanket and slides it off her body exposing her porcelain skin, barely covered by her baby pink nightie. With one long finger, he strokes her arm... 

"Aaaagghhh!" I shriek. 

Two large arms wrap around me, pulling me into their chest. Soft lips brush my forehead and I snuggle in for comfort. 

"Ssshh. It's okay Syd. It's just a movie." Niall says as he brushes his fingers though my hair. 

Niall! 

I sit up straight in my bed, looking around to take in my surroundings. Curtains are pulled. Zerrie is snoring beside me. My clock says 10:18pm. 10:18 - is that all? I lay back down and pay my blankets in search of my phone. Finding it, I squint my eyes as the screen lights up, revealing a missed snap from Brittney.  

"SlaysLikeSlair: It wasn't who I thought :/" 

"What do you mean?" 

"SlaysLikeSlair: It was the ugly one, Mike or whatever. I don't even know how he got my number." 

Haha! Serves her right. 

"Aww I'm sorry B! Who did you think it was?" 

I know she was hoping it was the mystery guy from Niall's party, but, I'm hoping to catch her off guard so she slip and give me his name. 

"SlaysLikeSlair: Casanova!" 

This chick has got to be high. 

"WTF?" 

"SlaysLikeSlair: I've decided that that's what I'm going to refer to him as. :)" 

Yup. She's high.  

"Are you ever going to tell me who he is?" 

"SlaysLikeSlair: Eventually, but, I haven't given up hope yet." 

"Hope for what?" 

"SlaysLikeSlair: That I might see him again :)" 

"You know how horrible you are right?" 

"SlaysLikeSlair: I do ;). Anyway, I've got to go, your godson just wet the bed. Night S.  

"Ew. Have fun with that. Night B." 

The immediate loneliness that accompanies the end of our conversation is stifling. My stomach turns and I roll over to grip my pillow. What am I doing with Liam? Here I am all hung up, full of nerves, can't even sleep, over someone I barely know. I thought I knew him inside and out before I ever even met him, but in reality, I don't know anything more than any other fan girl, and I've surely spent more time with him. How have I managed to be alone with him so many times, and still know nothing? Anytime I try, he pulls away, and I'm left feeling insecure and unsure of myself. And I am not an insecure person. This is ridiculous, and yet here I am, lying awake, watching shadows dance across my wall.