Chapter 29

// Disclaimer: Wattpad has completed fucked up the formatting on this chapter - I've tried to go through and fix it all but if you see random spacing or sizing issues - i'm not on crack, it's Wattpads fault.//

Sydney

"We'll see each other again soon, I promise! I'll even come to see you if I need to, maybe at the end of our tour?" Perrie says as she hugs me goodbye.

She has been so sweet and although the time I've spent with her is short, I already feel so close. She's even loaned me the cutest little lace romper to wear home since my work clothes from yesterday ended up left backstage. But more than that, she's given me advice, encouragement, and a friend who knows what I've gotten myself into. She's assured me that once the reality sets in of being his girlfriend, the awestruck wonder of him being known to the rest of the world becomes a smaller part of your relationship. She claims it's really easy to ignore the rest of the world, when your curled up in bed next to the person who completes your world.

Liam has always been my world, but, I know what she means. This weekend felt like a whirlwind of emotions and internal tug-of-war, rapidly falling like a giddy school girl, giggles and insecurities, passion and desires, comfort and cuddles. Liam has finally become a person in my life, and not on a screen. I went an entire night without once thinking "Oh my God this is Liam Payne!". My fangirl crush is already diminishing as this very tangible relationship takes over.

"My turn!." Liam says deeply as Perrie steps aside and he steps forward. His arms completely engulf me and cradle my body as closely to his as possible. We stand in silence, allowing our bodies to say with tight arms and beating hearts, what our mouths can't put into words. There's no thumb caressing the small of my back, or slow waddles from side to side, just tension as neither of us even breathe in an attempt to hold each other as tightly as possible.

His lips find my forehead and his grip around me loosens. I'm not ready to let go but I retract my earlier statement to remind myself that this isn't just Liam Payne, my boyfriend, this is Liam Payne of One Direction, with unlimited resources to see me again whenever he has time. Only two more weeks and he'll be finished with tour. I wonder what the arrangement will be then?

"I'll call you tonight, okay baby girl?" he says, mirroring my feelings with his signature pout, forcing me to smile. He's precious.

"Bye" I mumble, unable to put anything else into words at the moment.

Liam finally let go and turns to join Zayn and Perrie up the escalator. I wrap my arms around my middle, though I don't know if it's to fill the emptiness of being held, or of having someone to hold. He'll come back to me though and I smile at the thought of the familiar song.

A heavy arm finds it's way across my shoulders and I look up to see a concerned Julian. I stretch the cornes of my mouth upward to let him know that I am alright and he squeezes my arm before letting go.

"You ready hon?" He asks, and I nod my head, turning to follow him.

Liam asked Julian to give me a ride home; something about trusting him more than the hired drivers. Either Liam doesn't know that Julian slept with my married friend, or Julian doesn't know that she's married. Either way I feel more nervous than usual. Both times I've seen him I had had a few drinks and was much more relaxed than I am now. I know that Liam values his opinion higher than nearly anyone elses. He hasn't come out and said it, but I can tell by the way he, quite literally, looks up to him, and in his tone of voice when he speaks about him.

I somehow get the feeling that if Julian didn't approve of me, Liam wouldn't keep me around long. I wonder if Liam has told him of the graduation in our relationship.