Chapter 48

Z O Y A

(Week later)

'Together.We're finally together and I was so excited to meet her but scared about her future'

I put my notebook back and check up on Zayda who was sleep in her nursery. Zion went and bought her some clothes and diapers and other baby stuff. 

I was gone get her some stuff but Zion beat me to the punch. I'm mad tho. Brad isn't answering his phone. He didn't come over to see Zayda as well.

"I bought you some food"Zion walk in the house.

"Okay, put it on the kitchen table"I said.

"Where's Zayda?"Zion ask.

"She's sleep"I said. He nod his head.

"Boyfriend haven't been  here?"he ask.

"Why you ask me that?"I ask.

"Just asking"he smiled.

"Zion, what did you do?"

"I took over the diner and made some changes"he said.

"Meaning brad don't have no job!"I semi yelled.

"Wellll, he does have a job"Zion said. "A better one"

"What?"I narrowed my eyebrows.

"He's manager at the diner. Doing a great job too"Zion smiled. I rolled my eyes looking at the ground. "I have to get going. My date waiting on me"

"A date?"

"Jealous"he smiled.

"No, I'm happy for you"I smile. He can get from  under my skin.

"Good"Zion walk out the  door to his car. I close door behind him. I sat on sat couch looking at my tv. Something still don't feel right.

Z I O N

I walk into my diner greeting everybody. I kissed Angel who is now my fuck buddy. Nothing special. I sat down in the booth looking at the bar seeing brad kissing Gabbi.

My plan worked.