Chapter 2

Z O Y A

The day went by fast and quick

The day went by fast and quick. Which is good cause I was getting tired of the mean glares from Zion and the smart talk. He can't get mad that I don't want him. No more. I had to leave him alone. His wife was gone kill me. And his wife don't play.

"Hey baby"Kimberly walk in the station with some bags in her hand. She kiss Zion lips and smile at the other girls. She then look at me and roll her eyes.

"Fuck you to then"Amber mumble who was behind me. "Let me speak to you in the nurse lounge"

"Why?"I ask looking confuse.

"Because I want to"she grab my hand. We walk away from the station going to the nurse lounge. Amber sat down in the chair as I stood up looking at her. "What is up with the eye rolling from Mrs. Martin?"Amber ask.

"Nothing, maybe she's mad because of my hair"I smile then chuckle. Amber didn't think it was funny cause she surly wasn't laughing. "I really don't know Amber"

"You need to clear that situation up zoya before she get her lil ass punch"Amber stood up from her seat. "What time you getting off?"

"In 3 minutes"I said looking at my watch. "You?"

"In 5 minutes"she said. "But I'ma need a ride home cause you know how boyfriend is"

"Are you still messing with him?"I ask.

She blush looking down at floor. "Well yeah. Good strokes"she laugh.

"What is so funny?"Kimberley voice boom in the nurse lounge. She can't be back here.

"We were just talking"Amber rolled her eyes. "Well excuse me, I have to clock out. Come on zoya"

"Nah uh"Kimberly stopped Amber from walking away. "You can leave"she said.

"Excwese  me"Amber said stepping in Kimberly face. "I said she's coming with me"

"Do you want me to tell your boss Amber?"Kimberly said getting in Amber face. Amber back up and let go of my hands. I sigh cursing under my breath.

Amber walk out the nurse lounge leaving me with the she-devil. "So, I heard that you and Zion are back talking"

"When? Where? And how?"I said.

"When, today. Where, in the front where all the nurses are. And how, I have ears dummy"she said. "Zoya, your better then this. This is my second time ever catching you with Zion. Next time, your fired"

"Good. Do what you got to do"I shoulder bump her and walk out the lounge. All my stuff was in the front. When I walk up there to check out, the other nurses was all laughing at me. I look at them and roll my eyes. Zion wasn't even paying attention.

"Guess Mrs. Martin told you"one of the nurses said laughing. I clock out, grab my stuff, and walk away.

"Ashley your fired"everyone gasp at the nurse station. I turn around seeing Zion with a smirk.

I hop on the elevator so I can make my way downstairs. I check my phone seeing a text from zabel and Amber.

(5)text messages

Zebra head (zabel)😍💕

Z- come pick me up, I'm getting tired😛

Me- ask for a ride. You piss me up😠

Z- up? 😐

Me- off. I mean off damnit 😠😠😡😡👿👿

Z- bye bitch since your piss off👿👿

This girl here. I can't deal with her. Just then Amber text me.

(4) text messages

BFFE😻🤑

A- IM IN THE FRONT

Me- why you text me with all loud caps👿

A- SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY PHONE. FUCK THIS IPHONE 5

Me- for one ,you need to upgrade 😂😂

A- WHEN I GET A MAN

Another one of my problems.  I walk to the parking lot looking around to see where I park my car. Finally I spotted my 2016 Toyota Corolla. I work hard for this baby.

I hop in and started it up. I pull out the parking lot and made my way to the front. There stood Amber on her phone. She saw my car and made her way towards the car. She hop in talking reckless.

"You know what nigga! Fuck you too!......I don't give a damn is your momma don't like me! What the hell she have to do with our relationship! You need to be a fucking man and tell her old ugly ass to shut the fuck up!"she hung up the phone.

All I can do is stare at her ass. "You is mean"I laugh.

"So, I don't care"she said while texting.

"Dr. Martin fired Ashley"I said

"That's good, that bitch was a snitch"Amber said.

"How?"I look at her.

"She told on a lot of girls. She told on me about taking some medicine to my house for my mom. She told on you about talking back to zion which I don't know what that was all about"

I remember that day. Zion piss me off when he told me that I had to work late nights. It made me so mad. Zabel was home alone.

"Oh, yeah she needed to be fired"I said.

Finally I arrived to Amber house. We said our goodbyes and I pull off. On my way home, I kept thinking about my parents and home. I miss my hometown. But I need to move on from that.