35

Zu Sheng's eyes darkened as he watched the trio leaving, bowing towards the emperor he also bid farewell. The previous worship of the man died out long ago turning into rancid bitterness, one day he would make them all pay.

"Your highness, it seems that the crown prince is heading towards the left Prime Ministers home" Waving his mothers spy away he sipped his glacial peach wine. He had already met the pathetic Yang Mi, as long as he gave her enough attention she would withdraw her feelings for Zu Jia and place it onto his head.

"Hah"

His finger's tightened around the fragile stem of the clear jade shattering it. The intoxicating wine filled the air as it dripped down his hand. The Head eunuch fearfully glanced at the eldest prince. It was such a pity such an artifact was destroyed so quickly, Standing firmly he continued to stare at his feet.

Slowly his hand lifted towards his lips, rubbing his bottom lip softly he imagined the face of his younger brother as his betrothed betrayed him. His mood seemed to have easily lifted. His mutated two headed white tiger withdrew from his soul cavern, feeling it's contractor's repressed feelings it came out. It padded softly around Zu Sheng, licking his humans free hand he turned towards the head eunuch watching him as if he was new prey, Zu Sheng pressed his hand onto the beasts fur he is silently warning it. Seeing Hui resting nearby him he went back to his own thoughts of his retaliation succeeding.

"Your highness, we've arrived" Jin climbed steadily climbed down from the carriage, "Your highness one moment please".

The guards waited for the steward to open the gates as they continued to bow, taking secret glances at the bottom of the crystal like robes of the crown prince.

"Please your highness" Opening the gates the Steward felt ushered in the crown prince, he secretly wiped sweat from his forehead as he was worrying about accidentally angering the crown prince. "This way, please" opening the tea room he stepped aside, staring at his own two feet he heard an annoyed sigh released from Zu Jia's lips but shook it away. Why would the crown prince be annoyed? He had always been cordial to his fiance. Wrinkling his brow slightly he shook his head at that amusing thought.

"Yang Mi, greets his highness" She stood elegantly lowering her torso and head as she bowed ceremonially towards him. Jin stared at the woman carefully scrutinizing her, her thin frame wrapped around imperial robes adding a soft yet sickly charm to her, seeing her pallid skin and sunken cheeks he sighed but as he sent out his soul force to see what new torment her fleshy body had gone through something strange accords. His soul force was repelled it was as if something obscured her form when he tried to view it using his own soul force. A dark like aura seemed to have wrapped around her. It was as if her soul force did not exist but he could feel the pulsing of the air around her.

Shocked Jin analyzed her once again trying to see if there was something different about the woman, she did not move from her spot she still kept her eyes lowered. Jin could not help but feel this anomaly might change life's trajectory. He did not like something he could not control and Yang Mi had just become something he would not be able to.

"Rise"

"Thanking your highness" Her soft voice was comforting and gentle.

Jin's lips slightly tugged upwards at the corners, when had Yang Mi talked so naturally with him. He could not hear even a slight tremble in her voice. He became more suspicious that the girl might have been possessed by someone. If so she was a danger to him, his eyes dilated slightly as he focused all of his soul force around them. But on the surface, all he said peacefully was."It's as if you've changed your core?"

Hearing the deep voice of the crown prince, the Qin empress felt her body almost preen at the attention. In disgust, she threw off the slight control the contract bounds had on her soul. "Your highness, It is not that I've changed my core but I've found something to assist me" The empress knew the crown prince wouldn't attach great importance to the things she held. Delicately she withdrew one vermilion eye from her three headed godly bull.

Jin felt as if a dark force entered the room, it's stare seemed to penetrate into his being, his eyes flashed in wonder. Resting in the center of the feeble hand, was a bright red eye that seemed to have a life of its own as it blinked several times before staring into nothing.

"When I received this I felt as if my mind was torn apart, when I woke it had already been two days and what was left for me was an inheritance."

She stared at the man that was examining Kuo's eye, his fairy like beauty brought a refreshing feeling to one but a slight cold air seemed to continuously release from his form. Even Kuo's burning eye seemed to have cooled slightly and retreated into her body.

"Have you ever heard of, "Who are you?"

"Is it a cultivation manual?" Her brows converged as she pouted slightly trying to find out if she had ever heard of such strange words.

"Maybe, How were you able to possess her?" After watching the woman turning her head repeatedly confused, each time he spoke in different languages. The only thing he could tell was that she was not from the same galaxy as he was. Of course, it hadn't didn't completely erased her from all suspicion, an inheritance wouldn't just change a peoples personality and cover their soul force in such a strange way. Of course, Yang Mi didn't know that, the moment Zu Jia had stepped into the tearoom he knew something was strange about her. She might be able to mimic the previous Yang Mi perfectly but to him who was used to taking hold of his opponents lies easily and using that against them this was nothing to look at it.

If ya like vote, it would be much appreciated <3