10

The empress gifted the dancing troupe some fine silks and small trinkets, bowing in thanks they quickly left. The festive banquet lasted through the night, a few children of high standing parted after awhile bidding the emperor and empress farewell. As they made their escape, Jin also decided to leave.

"Good night imperial father, imperial mother" they both smiled at him gently, grabbing the sleeve of a nearby eunuch he quickly bid farewell to the officials.

Jin stared at the large moon hanging in the sky, even though he was concerned about Bao and Jie he wouldn't let that bother him too much. Now was the first step for him to become stronger, his lips tugged upwards as he made his way to his palace.

The night passed quickly, the next morning Jin was sent off to the training field, several  men stood to attention, the bowed towards the little prince in respect.

"Rise" Jin didn't bother to stand on ceremony with these men. "You're all my trainers?"

"Yes, your highness until you know which weapon you wish to choose we will all take turns to train you."

Jin clicked his tongue in annoyance, is the emperor an idiot?

Sighing he waved them away, "Who is the sword user?"

A man moved forward he was as skinny as a bean sprout sporting a gentle smile, his face was plain and easily forgotten.

Nodding his head he turned towards the rest of the men standing. "Everyone except the sword user can leave."  

"But your highness, the emperor has told us to train you"

Jin stared at the largest man there he had a welcoming smile, if the man was a dog Jin felt his tail would be wagging towards him, disgust flashed through his eyes, "Will you try to push yourself onto me even though I don't wish for you to  train me?"

The mans face darkened, he didn't think that his crown prince could be so overbearing he only wished to be closer to the boy, it took great effort for him to replace another axe wielder just for this opportunity but the crown prince himself would not give him a chance. He was truly unreconciled. "Your highness I can not go against an imperial edict, please allow this humble one to train you with the best of my abilities".

Was this idiot truly trying to use the emperor against him, what a joke since when had Jin feared the emperor?

"Kneel" the mans eyes seemed to widen in shock but quickly did as told, "you dare to use this ones imperial father to threaten me?" scoffing towards the bowing man, Jin turned  away. "Continue to kneel until next day break. All of you are excused except for the sword user, unless you wish to follow along with this big fool and bow till the next day." Jin didn't care if he was being overbearing, leading the man  away with him he didn't look back again.

Swiftly they made it to a nearby training area, turning towards the smiling man. Jin bowed "Zu Jia greets teacher".

"Good, good" smiling the man helped Zu Jia up, "No need to bow towards me crown prince it is my honor to train you. Jins lips lifted upwards. "Then I will no longer stand on ceremony", the sword wielding aspect of the training did not immediately start, they first began going through different sets of exercises. Jin wasn't allowed to even touch a wooden sword till his body was "ready" looking at the man disgruntled Jin continued his training, first he was told to stretch then run a few miles. Uncaring Jin used his soul force to propel his body forward his emerald training robes flapping in the wind.

"Your highness, stop!" the mans roar stopped Jin's movements tilting his head he looked over at the man "Yes teacher?"

"You are not allowed to use your soul force!"