22

The cultivators and the noble families immediately remembered that this was Zu Jia return trip, and as the Crown Prince, he truly did not lose the Emperor face; his caring exploits touched the non-cultivators' hearts, believing that they had not been abandoned by the Imperial Family. The shrewd cultivators could easily tell the Crown Prince was scheming to create a benevolent look, steadily creating a righteous facade for others to believe. Of course, they would not easily say anything; they too wore their masks proudly, and everyone knew in the cultivation world knew there was no such thing as ultimate compassion.

But, they would be shocked in the coming years; for they easily fell for the facade that Jin had painstakingly crafted. Because why would anyone go to the lengths Zu Jia had went just for a mask? But that is a story for another time.

Zu Sheng's fist tightened at the mocking voices; he didn't expect his father to send out his little brother like this. At first, he believed it was because his mother finally did something correctly, and had Zu Jia forced out; but his childish thoughts were easily destroyed when his mother came back, extremely angered. After finding out this was just something the ministers created to help Zu Jia forge a righteous and compassionate public image, he was truly incensed. Only a bit ago, he was his fathers' pride, his kingdom's glory; but it was easily destroyed by the mute bastard! He gloomily looked away from the carriage screen, not thinking this small action would be seen by others as being petty.

"Eldest brother is just joking with younger brother; eldest brother only wished to discuss the blood bath of the Ge clan. Eldest brother just wanted to make sure that younger brother did not have any nightmares after approving that."

Jin almost could not hold in his laughter; this was truly flipping black and white. Jin wouldn't easily be outraged; and seeing no reaction from his younger brother, Zu Sheng was slightly disappointed, but was quickly appeased by the cultivators who began staring at Zu Jia's carriage carefully. Only five, but so blood thirsty; they couldn't help but rethink their own private analysis of the Crown Prince. The only ones that were truly not shocked were a few of the noble families that listened to the Imperial Family's banter.

"Eldest Prince seems to not know about the true evil deeds of the Ge family." Wang Ji's voice once again cut through the awkward silence. Jin truly wanted to clap for this bear; he had such a loud voice, just like a human megaphone. If Wang Ji knew what the Crown Prince was thinking, he would most definitely agree after being given a proper explanation on what a megaphone actually was.

"Oh, and what evil deeds did they commit?" The eunuch from before easily retrieved his backbone, if it was the previous blood-thirsty general Wang Ji, he would not dare to act so arrogant; but now it was a known fact that Wang Ji's cultivation had been weakened by the corruption in his soul. He also did not have his army backing him, and he was truly like a tiger without teeth. Only if the poor old eunuch knew that this toothless tiger had already cleansed his soul, and actually broke through to the second step of Godly Soul King. He would not know whether to just clean his neck and offer it on a silver platter, or quickly escape this demonic general's retribution.

Wang Ji laughed slightly, and a menacing look flashed through his eyes. Since the Eldest Prince sent over a sacrifice for him to smack, he would not be ungracious and ignore this opportunity.

"The Ge family not only kidnapped boys of non-cultivator families, but also placed their hands on the children of known cultivating families. They forced the young children to become Ge Keung's bed warmers." A sharp gasp filled the air as a few people stared in astonishment at this news. They had heard a few whispers, but it wasn't spread for obvious reasons; however, since the Eldest Prince wanted to play with his Crown Prince, Wang Ji would easily spill out everything he knew.

"After Ge Keung became bored of them, they were thrown to the other Ge clan members where they were forced into servitude."

Jian's lips slightly widened in shock before turning to happiness, Zu Jia had of course told him of his plans to easily clean his hands of the Ge's dirty water. Jin just allowed concubine Lin's spies to find out his actions in that small town. With Zu Sheng's personality, he would take the first opportunity to destroy Zu Jia. That being the case, Jin would have easily spread out what had occurred in that town through the mouths of the men from the Imperial Family, who would easily spread his propaganda. Poor concubine Lin believed she had finally gotten a step closer to destroying Zu Jia, not realizing that is was all but a play to cleanse himself of the dirty water.

"That, that can't be!" The stuttering eunuch stared at the ex-general in shock; the spies had returned not long ago with the news that Zu Jia had randomly created a blood bath. This could not be blamed on the spies, it was just their dumb luck to spy on Zu Jia, having the full support of the crimson guards who knew how to easily hypnotize others. Sadly, if their memories were looked over afterwards, all that would be seen would be Zu Jian's just confrontation with the Ge family.

A small sob escaped the child sitting in the carriage, the cultivators could easily tell that the young boy was trying to muffle his voice.

"Eldest brother, younger brother...younger brother truly didn't want to do what he did..." The sob slowly leaked out of the boy; the people listening truly felt helpless. They had thought the young child to be cold hearted, but it seemed that he was just putting on a fake show of strength.

"But eldest brother! They did such horrifying things to those other children; if it was me being forced to do such horrible things, I would want someone to stand up and save me!" Jin easily placed himself in the same standing as the other children; right now was not a moment for him to act arrogantly.

"So...so..if little brother is seen as evil, or heartless because little brother didn't want to see other kids be ill-treated, then," A semi-loud thud rang out inside of the carriage, and the cultivators could easily tell that that Zu Jia was thumping his chest as if truly heartbroken. "Then...then, little brother will wear that heartless title!"

Jin's emotion filled voice burrowed into everyone's ears; even if they did not wish to hear it, they could not force themselves to not listen. What heartless child? This boy is obviously just a young child that was shocked at what occurred in the real world; but instead of fearing it, he quickly decided to stand on the side of justice, even if he was questioned so maliciously by his brother. Such an awe inspiring Crown Prince, he truly was the treasure of Zu.

Looks of contempt flashed throughout everyone's eyes as they stared at the Eldest Prince's carriage. The old eunuch decided it was best to leave as they failed what they wanted to achieve; the dirty water they so readily prepared was turned around and spilt on them. Shamefully, they bid farewell to Zu Jia's entourage before making a quick exit.

A/N:

Jin can't you like grow older already? ~dies in a corner~

Ed. Note:

[System] The title <Two Faced Lotus> has been awarded to player {Zu Jia}

Kind Regards,

i_am_bystander

if ya like vote, it would be much appreciated<3