1

The dark office room was silent, both men didn't speak the flag of their planet stood proudly to the side.

Sighing, Jin looked down at his whiskey glass his heart couldn't help but to break at the new information he was told.

"Jin, I'm sorry but for my career I have to marry her".

His lips curved up in mockery, "we both swore that we would be clean politicians and now you're telling me you're going to marry a mafia leaders daughter. Tell me what reaction did you expect from me?" His eyes burned slightly he wasn't upset that his lover was going to marry another, he had expected that as both of them were politicians. They would need to marry a women anyway but for him to marry someone that could bring so much damage to the citizens.  He couldn't believe the man he was with for so many years would falter so easily at a little bit of gains.

Bam. a tight fist hit the wooden table that sat in between them "I want to get far in my campaign and I need them!  You have to understand." his voice was hoarse as he pleaded with Jin.

"I have been a politician for 10 years now I have never accepted bribes nor allowed any illegal activities and I am here today, you can also do this." he firmly countered.

"Jin I am not like you, I cant give up my whole life for the people I cant donate 95% of my salary I just cant. I want wealth I want fame I don't want people to take advantage of me. Remember when I bought you that new Universe watch how the media and the citizens went  after you they erased every good thing you did and said "you just used public funds to buy brand name things." How about when the war broke out at Sector 9 what did the people you gave your all to say? "Why hasn't The third chief went to  fight along side them; he has an SS rank soul power!"  They ignored the fact that your soul was injured when you blocked an attack  for the emperor, they wanted you to do a suicide mission ignoring everything you've done! The people don't care for you so why should you care for them!" He roared in anger he felt that his dear lover gave up everything for the people he even ignored him for the people and the people didn't give anything back. They just took and took he didn't want to be like his boyfriend his heart was too kind and he was always being taken advantage of. When something went wrong the public would mock him when something went right no one said anything as if it was to be expected. They didn't see how many nights Jin did not sleep they didn't see how many times Jin visited different planets to help out their refugees, they didn't see any of that. He didn't want to be used by the people he wanted to use the people plain and simple if that meant being corrupt he was fine with that;  the people had corrupted him.

Jin couldn't say anything he saw the heartache and pain he put this man through. It was his fault he shouldn't have  allowed this life to corrupt him. He couldn't protect his dear one from the darkness that plagued being a politician. His heart hurt for him. "Come," he stretched out his arms waiting for the younger man to fall into his embrace. Rubbing his back as he softly sighed,
"I've done this to you." His gentle voice carried heartache the man in his arms shook slightly and began to cry his voice was muffled as he released all his grievances.

They stayed that way throughout the night not speaking, just embracing. It wasn't until the morning light slowly drifted through the horizon that they separated.

"Go home and sleep" Jin rubbed the mans soft hair as he released him.

"Ok" He leaned over giving Jin a light kiss before moving aside. He knew that Jin was hurt but he would still have a place in his heart after this. "Lets have dinner tonight?"

Jin gave a slight nod as he watched the man leave his office. "Poor boy, I'm not as kind as you make me out to be" his lips twitched in good humor.