14

Jin dragged the boy out of the dining hall, not minding the shocked looks he received. He nodded slightly towards Wang Ji as they swiftly made their way to his living quarters.

"Sit" he motioned the boy to take a seat across from him as his maids quickly prepared tea and snacks, waving them away he continuously stared at the young child.

"Your, your highness." the poor boy was shivering as he stared down at his tea cup his tears from before dried leaving him feeling embarrassed.

Jin didn't understand why but he felt a certain gut instinct that if he left the child here he would regret it.

Elegantly he sipped the light tea, smiling gently all the while as he observed the boy, from his mannerism and body he could tell he was physically and mentally abused and from the way Ge Keung, reacted to Ge Wen he could already deduce there was also sexual abuse involved.

Sighing Jin looked at the child's scars once again. "Whats your name?"

The boy paused while taking sip he quickly looked up finally making eye contact with Jin. Seeing the boys face Jin himself was shocked he looked like a mini seductress in the making his rosy lips and pale skin contrasted with his black eyes, his brows curved elegantly thick lashes fanned his thin cheeks. Jin could already tell once the boy became an adult he would be a sinful beauty.

"Your highness, hum...this humble one does not have a name." the boy bit his lips as his fingers tightened around his tea cup, because he was born it reminded his father of that shameful night he betrayed his first wife and slept with a maid. His mother was forbidden to name him when he had asked his mother why he did not have a name she had tearfully gone and requested his father to bestow one. When his mother returned that night it wasn't with a new name but a body filled with bruises and blood. He was waiting for the crown prince to mock him for not having a proper name when nothing happen, he raised his head again he watched as the crown prince set his cup down placing his palm on his chin he lazily observed him.

Jin truly wanted to laugh he has never felt so angered in his life previous and current, did that idiotic man believe without naming the child it doesn't exist? He could have easily given her medicine to kill the growing child in the womb instead of killing it outside.

"Would you like to follow me?" He waited silently tracing the polished wooden tea table with his finger, not bothering to look up.

The boy swiftly climbed out of his seat falling in front of Jin he kowtowed several times his forehead breaking from the impact. "Please allow this humble one to serve you, your highness!"

Jin climbed down from his seat, lifting the boy up. "No need to kowtow to me, I feel we were  fated to meet." Smiling gently he looked into the others tear filled eyes. Jin didn't know why he wanted to take care of the boy but it wasn't like the imperial family would go poor by feeding another mouth. He gently dusted the boys old robes, "How old are you?"

"Answering your highness, I am six years old"

Jin's hand shook slightly, he knew the boy was malnourished but to think so severally he had thought the child was only four. Sighing he wrapped his arms around the young boy not bothering with the stench his body emitted.

"Your highness!" he heard the sharp gasps of shock and horror of his servants, as he continued to hug the shivering boys body. Is he crying again? He felt his robes slightly dampen as he reached over and rubbed the child's hair, feels like fine silk he silently mused.

"Get the bath ready and robes for the both of us" Pulling the crying boy with him he took him into the bathing area, not bothering with the servants he himself undressed the child. Jin could attest to the fact that he was usually uncaring but when the boys body came into light he stared at the ribs that were severally sticking out, no part of the boys flesh was unmarked old scars and new scars one above the other. He had also seen brand marks on the boy a few had symbols of different flowers. "Who did this?" he touched the boys burn scars not looking into his eyes. "Second sister, Peony's, lotus and plum blossoms." his fist slightly tightened as he stood in front of the untainted prince he felt so ashamed of himself.