Forty-Eight

Borgeous- They Don't Know Us 

Ilya:

Seeing them here is otherworldly, literally but it is actually blowing my mind. If I didn't think Tim needed the rest I would have gotten him down here already. These idiots are in so much trouble but I'm going to have to hold off until I'm able to get these two home. I really hope Barry isn't too far away. Bruce excused himself leaving the four of us alone in the study. The idea of him having another kid, one he had with Selina Kyle who just so happened to be his wife, it was way too much for him. 

"I can't believe this," Helena said after a while. 

"How did your mom die? You don't have to answer. I'm sorry," I tend to put my foot in my mouth when I'm really excited and scared of something. Not that I'm scared of her, I'm scared about what this means. 

"It's fine. It was a few years ago. She got caught in a crossfire. They had given up the costumes and stuff when I was born. This guy came around, he blackmailed my mom into going on one last heist with him and when she tried to stop him he killed her. I almost didn't recognize him. He's taller on this earth," 

"Does he still kind of look the same?" I asked. 

"Yes," she smiled. "Minor differences. What about you?" 

"Me?" 

"Yeah, are you just visiting? You usually like to be with Eli,"

"Oh, umm. My mom died last year. She was caught under a bomb," she sighed shutting her eyes. 

"I'm sorry to hear that. Your mom is literally the nicest lady ever," 

"Yeah, she was," I nodded. 

"What you really want to know is how you died, isn't it?"

"Yeah," I nodded looking over at Jason. 

"I took a big part in it. The Red Hood and Deadshot blew up a train station," 

"Accidently," Karren said raising her hands mimicking quotes in the air. 

"They weren't supposed to be in Gotham. The state banished them but they were after someone and they ended up there. I snuck out of the house and Ilya followed me. Jason and I fought and when I was going to take him in Deadshot shows up and I end up in a warehouse by the pier. 

"She tried to reason with Jason. She told him she knew he wasn't a bad guy and eventually she got him to release her. He was actually hitting on her the entire time and she was just going with it,"

"I bet he was," Jason smirked. 

"Ilya could talk her way out of everything," Karren nodded.

"He was going to let us go when we were surrounded by whoever he was after. She told him to help me and while he was cutting me loose, Ilya was shot in the chest twice," 

"Fuck," Jason sighed looking away. 

"He took it pretty bad. He was arrested because he wouldn't leave her there," 

"On your earth, was I ever recruited by Amanda Waller?" I asked changing the subject.

"No," she said shaking her head. "Why would Waller recruit you? You're a heart surgeon," 

"What?" Jason and I asked at the same time. 

"You're not here?" 

"No, I'm still kind of in school. I'm a nuclear physicist. I'm working on my doctorate. I could have been done already but I was recruited by Waller because I accidentally found out about some project before she started it. It was that or Federal Prison,"