Thirty-Two

Panic! At The Disco- Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time

Ilya:

She just stood there in her tall glory holding my book in her hands reading it. I'm itching to just snatch it from her hands and throw it across the room for no reason. She had killed Set the last time Set had been alive. The ache in my chest was intense. Granted Set had been sent to keep the balance. A reminder of how bad things could get. I'm glad she's on our side this time around because I caught a glimpse of what she can do to remind humanity it's not all rainbows and butterflies. 

"Shouldn't you be studying?" she asked sitting across from me. 

"Shouldn't you be minding your own business?" 

"Ilya," Bruce warned from behind his desk. I rolled my eyes looking down at my laptop. 

"Come, now. I don't want to be your enemy, Ilya. Your father is a good friend of mine," 

"I bet," Jason chuckled next to me. 

"Are you kidding me?" Bruce snarked. 

"She killed a lot of people, Ilyasviel," Diana stated ignoring them.

"I know that," I said shutting my laptop. "She was a Nazi. I can see it in her memories. I'm not a Nazi. I used to be a good person. I want to get back to that, okay? Why don't just leave it alone?" 

"Alright, you're not a Nazi. Set can still influence you, Ilya," 

"I've never been the kind of person that is influenced by anything. Not as a kid and not now. If I were, I would be just like my mother and I'm not. I'm trying to be my own person. She's letting me. I'm not saying Setanta is a good-whatever the hell she is but she's not bad either. Her decisions are based on the significance of what her host believes. She's here and the only way she's going away is if I'm in a body bag," 

"Yes, I know that," 

"Are you going to kill me?" she looked over at Bruce and shook her head. 

"Of course not. Are you coming with us?" 

"No," Bruce answered. 

"Bruce, I think the others should be made aware of her," 

"She's my daughter. They both are. No one needs to know anything about my personal life. You know now and I'd like discretion, Diana," she sighed shaking her head. "You'd understand if you had children of your own," 

"Bruce," she began to argue. 

"No, Diana. That's final. I'm barely coping with her condition. I'm not going to expose her to the JL when she's not a danger," 

"How come Diana gets to kill people?" Jason asked looking over at Bruce. 

"Diana is a Warrior demigod princess. Are you one of those?" 

"No," he pouted crossing his arms. 

"I kind of am," I said raising my arm. 

"Not right now you aren't," Bruce said annoyed. I looked over a Jason and huffed leaning into him. 

"Whatever," I shrugged. Diana just smiled shaking her head. "That's a weak argument for your information," 

"Are you sure you want to stay here the rest of the week, Diana?" he asked her annoyed.

"If it's okay with you and your children, Bruce," 

"Whatever," Jason and I said at the same time. 

"I'm not going to be here most of the week anyway. I have finals," 

"I actually wanted to stay to spend some time with you. This is the first time I've encountered someone similar to what I am," Diana added. I looked over at Bruce who gave me that 'you better be nice' look.