Twenty-One

Nine Inch Nails- Every day is Exactly The Same

Jason:

I sat at the bar with a glass of whiskey in my hand trying to shake what he said. I sighed sparking up a cigarette. He was right. We don't get the happy ending with the white picket fence at the end. Our end might come at the end of the sword we wield so carelessly. My phone notified me as soon as her car left the building. I threw my drink back.

"Haven't seen you here in a while, Jason," Marvin the bartender said coming over to me. "Where you've been buddy?"

"Girl," I tapped the glass. He smirked refilling my cup.

"Just a girl or the potential girl?"

I looked up at him letting out a heavy sigh. That was the question right. I knw the answer. My family knows the answer. We're just fighting the catastrophe waiting to happen. I want it to happen. I want her more than I've ever wanted anything else.

"She's the one," I said truthfully ashing out the end of my stogy in the ashtray he set in front of me.

"Wow, I never thought I'd hear you say that man," he smirked wiping down the bar.

"I know," I chastised. "How the fuck did that happen?"

"Did she slap you around? You look like the kind of guy that would like that,"

"Not yet, but I want her to. Badly," he stopped looking up at me.

"Not yet and she has you whooped already?" he asked.

"Shut up. Jason Todd doesn't get whooped unless it's with a crowbar,"

"What?" he asked confused.

"Nothing. She's just different to anyone I've ever met and I feel like I've known her my entire life," he nodded.

"So what's the problem?"

"Her old man. He's a dick," he laughed.

"Yeah, dads tend to protect their daughters at all costs. Even if it means hurting them," he said reminding me of how I had found her crying. That son of a bitch had made her cry. There is absolutely no reason why Ilyasviel should ever be crying. "Speaking of daughters. Isn't that Bruce Wayne's long lost daughter?"

"What?"

My eyes shot up to the TV to see The Black mask was standing on top of the building where he had killed Beth. That son of a bitch had her on her knees, tape covering her mouth, her hands bound behind her. I put two twenty dollar bills on the bar and stood up.

"Where are you going, Jay?" Marvin asked.

"That's my girl," I said getting out of there as fast as I could. I made it to my apartment in record time. "Roy, get your ass out here,"

"What?" he shouted as I changed.

"The Black Mask has Ilya,"

"What?" he asked rushing into his room.

"What the fuck happened when I left? I was literally gone for twenty minutes,"

"She went to get the doorknob so I could fix it," he said rushing out with his red bow and arrows.

"You let her go alone?"

"Yeah, I did," he shoved me going for the door. I put my helmet on waking Red up.

"Zero in on Ilya's tracker," I shouted as I got on my bike. She gave me the location outlining the road for me to follow.

"There are a lot of more men in the building, Jay. Chances of getting her out of there safely are slim,"