Thirty-Four

Phantogram- When I'm Small 

Set: 

The fencing around us sparked. I tried to maneuver my way around Jason while holding the top part of the fencing from falling on him. The door was pulled open deactivating the electric current of the fencing. I  pushed Jason up turning him on his back so I could be on top. 

"I can wake up like this every day," he groaned. I rolled my eyes. 

"Wrong pretty eyes," I said kicking the fence open. 

I was helped out by an officer. They reached into the car pulling Jason out like he weighed nothing. The two of us were surrounded by guys armed with some pretty cool guns. I can see Batman up ahead with Nightwing and Red Robin. No Diana insight which is probably for the best. 

"On your knees. Both of you," I sighed getting down on my knees. Our heads were instantly covered and we were immediately handcuffed again. This time I was searched and the pins in my hair were removed. 

"You can easily get us out of this," Jason whispered.

"I want to know who's behind this," I announced when we were pulled up to out feet and escorted away. "Jason?" 

"He was put in a different car," I stayed still as the car began to move. 

I had almost dozed off when the car came to a stop and I was dragged out. That was a really long drive. The sound of a few access alarms went off as I was pushed forward. It took some time before I was sat on a chair. The cloth around my head was pulled off to reveal fake Waller. John Diggle and Lyla Michaels stood behind her. I looked over at Jason letting out a sigh of relief. 

"You okay, Princess?" he asked. 

"Yeah," I nodded. 

"I let you go," Lyla said dropping a file in front of me. The cuffs were removed and I reached for it opening it up. Pictures of a girl dressed in all black. Her mouth covered with a cloth mask. It's not what I use now. The date printed on the top of the rap sheets dates back four days.

"That's not me," I said pushing it back. 

"We know it was you. Same moves, same M.O. as Tibet. Where is it?" she asked. 

"What the fuck is that?" I asked pointing at Waller. 

"What do you mean?" she asked looking at her. 

"You were there. You were standing next to Waller when she got her head blown off. This is not Waller. What the hell is it?" 

"Your replacement. You left a gap in my team and I had to promote someone," she said motioning her. The woman reached inside her shirt and pulled the end of the latex mask off. 

"Caroline," 

"Sorry babes. Orders are orders," I rolled my eyes. 

"That was low," I said looking up at Layla. "You've taken to your new position," 

"I do what needs to be done," 

"Funny. That's probably exactly what Waller said before she had me killed," 

"What?" she asked. "No, you did what you were supposed to do in Tibet. We lost track of you when you brought down the building how you were supposed to," 

"Was that the official report? Because I didn't even get close to Lawton before the building came down on me," she shook her head. "Whoever that is in your pictures, it isn't me," 

"What about the body? Where is it?" 

"Where it needs to be. You should have burned it when I told you to,"