Chapter 27: Cheated, Betrayed and played

Mulai dari awal

"its exactly what it means Zainab, you knew exactly how i feel about him, shekara nawa muna tare, you knew ai, you knew why i asked you to help me call him, do you know that har gidan mu Adilah ta zo and we went shopping together, i didn't know ni kuma, only God knows why she did what she did, had you told me i would have at least known what i was dealing with"

Abdulzahir heard them arguing and peeped through the window to see who Zainab was talking to, all he could see was that they where seriously arguing but he could not make anything of what they where saying.

"you went shopping with her? Look Tahira i don't know what you're talking about, how did she contact you??"

"na yaushe kuma, bayan komai ya riga ya faru, i saw on the news this morning that they where getting married. And i'm the fool who was betrayed by her friend, cheated by love and played by his fiance"

Now she understood why Tahira was on edge and why she was blaming her for everything which she felt was unfair, she could see the pain in her eyes as her voice shook when she said the words "you are my friend, you should always have my back, before i came here i thought i was hurt seeing years of loving the same man go to waste and now..."

she paused and looked straight into Zainab's eyes ".. What you have done has hurt me more than anything he could do to me, and for what? A man that knows nothing about your value"

Zainab reached out to hold her but she moved away and started to walk away "Zainab ni kika wa haka ko? Na gode, da ga yau karki kara shiga harka ta, hanyan kifi daban da kaska"

Zainab began to follow her "Tahira wait, try and understand ni wallahi i would never purposely do anything to hurt you"

"don't worry, kin yi na karshe kenan"  Tahira did not stop till she was out of the house, she entered inside napep to go home, unbelievable  she was still shocked that Zainab knew and didn't tell her. The tears that have been dry began to fall like rainfall in drought every tear burning her skin as it ran down her cheeks and down her dress. At that moment she wasn't crying because Abdulmaleek was getting married, he had hurt her for years, she wasn't used to it but it wasn't something new, what was new was how close she was to Zainab and never knew she was capable of doing something like that to her.

Zainab went back inside and straight to the kitchen where she was working, Abdul came and stood by the door "is everything alright?"

"is Abdulmaleek getting married?"  she asked with a frown on her face.

It was already all over the news, saying otherwise would prove him a liar "Yeah! To Adilah, the girl he was with that day, kin gane ta?"

She nods and continued her work.

"Tahira ce ta zo?" though he saw her, he wanted to hear from Zainab.

Again she nods "but i didn't know it was that serious fa, tana ta jin haushi wai ban fada mata Abdulmaleek was with Adilah ba"

He didn't want to involve himself in anything related to Tahira, Abdulmaleek was too sensitive about her, they never talk about her. He was used to that. "well maybe you should have told her, it won't have changed anything"

"i think it would have, because she told me Adilah approached her and they even went shopping together"

"Adilah Haasim din?"  he was surprised "how?"

"she was upset, she didn't stop explain" immediately he turned around and left for his phone, and She dropped what she was doing and followed him, she stood from a distance and watched him as he tried to call Abdulmaleek to inform him. She understood then where she went unforgivably wrong. Disloyalty.