Seven

***So I'm pretending it's Tuesday already and uploading early!  I'm only off by an hour!  I'm just too excited for this chapter!!!1***

Seven

Five weeks.  That’s how long passed with nothing, no word from Damon, Ari, or Hector.  I wasn’t really expecting anything, but I was hoping.  God, was I hoping. 

Because my life was totally boring without having them in it.  And I only knew them for a day. 

This was my routine: wake up, get dressed, go to school, come back home with Molly and Lee in tow, homework, eat dinner, play with Sammy, bed.  And it would start over the next day.  It was like I was in an endless cycle of boring. 

That day that I’d come home from school after being gone for a week, Wendy had burst into tears when I walked through the door and hugged the life out of me while Sammy clung to my legs.

“Why did you leave?” she’d cried when she finally let go of me.  Tom was behind her, shaking his head at his wife’s crazy display.  “You know I would have let you hide from Lee in the house if you told me you needed to!”

“I’m sorry.  I shouldn’t have run off like that.  And I won’t do it again.”

She sniffled, wiping under her eyes.  "You'd better not."

So after that, I was unofficially grounded, in a sense. 

Wendy barely let me leave the house, but I was still allowed to have Molly and Lee over, thank goodness.  Yeah, I would have loved hanging out with Sammy, but my IQ would have dropped to that of a two year old if I watched any more of his kiddy shows on television. 

Wendy was actually letting me out of the house the Friday night of the homecoming football game and dance.  Molly, like she did any other time we had a school dance, came over to my house so we could get ready together.  She was the one who picked out my dress for me.  It was white satin that poofed out to the top of my knees and rhinestones completely covered the bust.  Paired with some strappy silver heels, my hair in soft curls down my back, and only a little bit of makeup, I was ready to go. 

"Lee's already there, right?" I asked Molly as we walked toward her lime green VW Bug at the end of my driveway. 

She rolled her eyes at me as she straightened the skirt of her hot pink dress.   "He's on the football team, Persie.  Of course, he's already there.  He never left after school," she said, and then wrinkled her nose.  "He's going to smell awful after the game, just like he always does.  He’d better take a shower after."

Lee was the wide receiver on the team.  He was pretty good, I guess.  I had no clue about football, though.  He'd tried to explain it to me before, but I didn't get it at all.  He was apparently pretty good because a couple of big colleges were looking at him for a football scholarship.

The parking lot was already packed when we got there.  Apparently we'd missed about half the game, but that was fine with me.  I didn't want to sit around watching sweat guys chasing after a ball.  Molly just went to check them all out. 

Once we were inside the stadium, you could tell where the student section was by the dressed up girls and guys.  It was hard trying to get down the steps in my heels, but I somehow managed to get to the bottom where the railing was without falling. 

They were apparently in a time out, the only thing I knew about the game since they weren't on the field playing.  Lee was listening to the coach, his hair dripping with sweat and down his face.  He looked, and probably smelled, disgusting, but I couldn't help but admit that he was adorable in his uniform.