The Last Magic Act

A/N: here we are, back again. Another day, another chapter. I hope u guys are ready, bc business is gonna begin to get to new heights in this one. Please enjoy.

The Cleftomaniacs were now arriving at the last town scheduled for their tour. Beca and Chloe still haven't managed to fully recover from their argument recently and were still a little uneasy. Of course, they would still have some small talk and give each other small smiles, but no matter how much time they spent together, the memory of that night still hurt. They would eventually find it a way to make a through this, they always did, they just needed some time to think it through. Now the ladies were all at their next hotel, chatting amongst themselves as they just enjoyed the sights of the new place, each other's company and how much they were looking forward to performing again and hoping that it would be for DJ Khaled like they've planned.

Beca was chatting with some of the maniacs while Chloe was talking with Chicago. They weren't flirting, just talking, and it proved to be good company for the redhead. During their time, Chicago gave Chloe this cheesy, but nonetheless very heartfelt speech about the importance of people in ur life. While he was giving that speech, Chloe was eyeing Beca the whole time. Of course, Chicago retracted a little from the corny speech, but Chloe assured him it was really great.

Then she turned her attention back to the brunette, who gave her a small smile once she made eye contact. Chloe gave her one back before the brunette sadly turned back to the others. Chicago quickly caught sight of this. "You love her, don't you?" he asked and the ginger turned back to him with a sad look.

"Yea I do" she nodded.

"So what's pulling you back from her?" he wondered. "She certainly seems like the girl you would marry in a heartbeat" he added encouragingly.

Chloe let out a small sigh before responding. "I don't know, maybe I'm scared" she shook her head, not taking her eyes off Beca.

"Whatever it is ur scared of, I'm sure you won't hafta be, especially with her" he sweetly assured, definitely proving to be a good guy to talk to.

Chloe was considering whether or not to go over there and talk to her fiancee, but then Beca was met with Theo, who seemed very eager and excited, like he had something big for her. Chloe decided to let them go, she would talk to her at some point, she just needed some time with her fellow singers for right now. Beca, on the other hand, was in fact given some huge news. But sadly, it wasn't what she had hoped it to be.

Theo introduced her to DJ Khaled himself, which was a big honor itself. But then, they mentioned to Beca on how she was their top pic for the opening performance. Beca was ecstatic to hear the news, but her enthusiasm faded once they confirmed they wanted just her and not the maniacs. She couldn't even believe that they would even suggest that she take up the spot herself and leave the rest of ladies, let alone her future wife, behind. She declined of course, but Theo tried to let her know on what a big opportunity this was and insisted she would think about it.

Luckily, Fat Amy arrived just in time to pull her away with some good news. "Perfect timing Aussie" Beca acknowledged as they walked.

"Of course" she nodded. "What was that all about anyway?" she asked.

"They want me to open for DJ Khaled" she answered with slight grimace.

"Just you?" she asked.

"Yea, but never mind that" she shook it off. "What's up?"

"I did it" she smiled.

"Did what?" she furrowed.

"I found Benji's room" she smiled proudly, the brunette scoffed as her spirits uplifted.