Putting on a show

A/N: hello readers! I am SO sorry for the late update, I haven't been doing good on keeping up on my writing lately but I promise that is going to change, starting now. So let's get to it.

Chloe and Fat Amy were still back at the hotel, waiting for the Iron Man to appear and hoping Beca would make it back soon with some good news. It was late in the afternoon when they heard a knock on the door. The redhead went up to look through the peep hole, seeing the billionaire himself on the other side. "It's him" she whispered happily to the Australian before opening the door. "Mister Stark" she smiled before letting him enter.

"Miss Beale" he smiled back as he entered the room. "Amy" he nodded towards the Australian, receiving one back. "I see you two have been waiting for me" he acknowledged. "It's nice to see you both again after a short time for a change, but I really wish it was under better circumstances"

"That makes all of us" Chloe frowned.

"Where is the little spider?" he asked.

"Out proving her innocence" Amy answered. "We were with her at time of the robbery"

"You don't need to explain anything to me, I know she wouldn't do this" he assured. "But the problem is, we can't prove that without exposing her identity and thus putting you two and the others at risk"

"So what do we do?" Chloe asked.

"Well for starters, does anyone know who could've done this?" Tony asked.

"Yea, we do" the brunette answered from the doorway, catching the other three's attention. "Thanx for coming Tony" she smiled as she went up to embrace her fiancee.

"You betcha" he smiled. "So you know who it is?"

Beca pulled away with a kiss on the cheek before turning to Tony. "It's a stage performer called Mysterio, but his real name is Benji Applebuam" she informed, receiving shocked looks from her fellow singers. "Yea, it's him guys. I hate to admit it, but I saw him with my own eyes" she clarified.

"Wait, do you know him?" Tony asked.

"Yea, he's a friend of ours" Chloe answered. "We've known him for years and he used to be really sweet, we don't know what happened"

"Well something's not right with him" Beca noted. "I don't know what it is, but he's definitely not right in the head, something about him...changed"

"He would hafta be to be doing what he's doing" Amy followed.

"Well, if that's the case, maybe somebody could've gotten to him and mess with his head" Tony suggested.

"How do you mean?" Beca asked.

"Well, the thing is, the museum that was robbed?" he checked and the ladies nodded. "It was an Avengers remembrance museum, it's where that weapon you stopped the vulture guy from stealing was going, and it's also one of the items that was stolen" he informed, catching the ladies full attention, and suspicion.

"You think maybe the Vulture got to him?" Beca asked.

"It's possible" he nudged his head to the side. "The Vulture has been off the grid since the attack, and now all of a sudden this sweet kid is following in his footsteps? Either the Vulture did or whoever he's working for did" he stated.

It seemed like the only possible way for the ladies, but how? "If that's true," Amy chimed in. "What could he, or they, have done to turn him like that" she asked confusenly.

"I don't know, but we're gonna find out once we catch him" Tony promised, Beca leaning to the side to meet his gaze with raised eyebrows. "We're going after this Mysterio, we're gonna find out what happened to him, prove ur innocence, and stop whoever did this to him" he declared, Beca forming her signature smirk.