Chapter 31-'Ants in the pants'

A/N- I know it took me forever to update, But I'm posting two chapters tonight! Yipee! But Don't not comment on this one! Please comment on this chapter and let me know what you think!!!! 

Val’s P.O.V (One week later.)

I just finished the last of the heavy chemo-therapy and radiation needed for the transplant. Yup that’s right; I decided to go through with it. I mean come on, how was I supposed to just die off with Harry and Zayn here? I just couldn’t do that. Especially to my Dad, I’m all he has left. At least now they know that if I die, I died trying.

I feel even sicker than before, since I started the chemo and radiation. The chemo is to kill off any cancer cells and all healthy bone marrow that remains, allowing new stem cells to grow in the bone marrow. Leaving me weak and vulnerable to illnesses, so few visitors are allowed to see me. Although they are allowing Harry to stay the night and see me off to surgery tomorrow.  Yes that’s right, tomorrow is the big day. I’ve been an ‘Ants in the pants’ all day because of it. I’m super anxious and worried sick about it. I’m going to try and not think about it tonight and just relax with Harry. I’ll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

There was a light knock coming from the door. Must be the doctor or nurse… I

“Come in” I yelled and switched the volume off on the T.V. The door opened slowly allowing light to flood into my dark depressing room.

“I’ve got some mail for you!” The nurse exclaimed like it’s the greatest thing that’s ever happened.

“Oh goody!” I mocked her. It’s probably just another ‘get well’ card. Another one to add to my collection of hundreds.

“Well maybe it will help cheer you up a bit” The nurse sat the red envelope that down on the table and left the room. I can’t say I’ve been very nice lately, because I haven’t. I’ve been the complete opposite. I’ve been bitter and cold.

I ignored the red envelope containing the stupid get well card sitting next to me and turned the volume back on the T.V and continued to watch Buddy the Cake boss make a life size cake of his wife… It looks scary… If Harry made a life size cake of me I would be scared of it.

Aren’t get wells card envelopes’ usually yellow, pink or white? The ones I get usually are. The one sitting next to me is red. Weird… I’m not opening it.

Her boobs look so wrong… Just wrong I say. Cakes are not supposed to look like people, okay!

Maybe I’ll just look at the return label on the envelope… No I won’t. I’m not opening that damn card.

Whatever.

There’s no return label on this card, how strange...

Maybe from the guys?

I ripped the envelope open and pulled out a card with a light pink rose on the front that covered the entire card. I hesitantly opened the card and read -

“I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it.

Never stopped loving you, nor will I ever.”

It’s not signed…Who could this card be from? Liam? Harry? Noah? Oh the endless possibilities. That’s all I need; a secret admirer, a boyfriend who also happens to be a world famous pop star, and Leukemia. Should I toss the card? Should I should Harry and Zayn? Yeah why not, I mean if anything it’s probably Liam and it’s not like I did anything wrong. All I did was open the stupid yet intriguing card.

I picked the card up and threw it across the room into the corner with all my strength, which happens to be barely anything.

“WE BROUGHT PIZZA!” Zayn yelled running into my room, holding a pizza proudly.

“You idiots, I could have been changing. Haven’t you ever heard of knocking?” I asked sarcastically.

“I wouldn’t mind” Harry smirked.

“Would you mind if Zayn was with you?” I raised and eye brow at him curiously. Zayn’s eyes widened at the thought and I laughed out loud obnoxiously.

“I wouldn’t like that…” Harry said quietly.

“mhm, Now pizza. Here. Now please?” I reached for the pizza from my bed not wanting to get up.

“Yes Ma’am” Zayn said handing me a slice on a peach paper plate.

“Plates are pretty” I laughed.

“What’s this?” Harry asked from the corner of the room lifting up that stupid card from the ground.

“I don’t know, why don’t you tell me?” I said through a mouth full of cheesy pizza. I may not have much of an appetite from the chemo, but I’ll never turn down pizza.

“This isn’t from me…” Harry said slowly as he analyzed the card carefully.

“Well who then?” I questioned. Zayn sat on the end of my bed munching on his pizza quietly with his ankles crossed.

“Liam? Noah?” Harry said.

“Not Noah…” I said.

“Okay… Well then Liam? I thought he was done with this?” Harry looked confused.

“Well I guess he’s not. It doesn’t matter though, let’s just throw it out and pretend it never happened or got lost in the mail” I told Harry.

“I guess…” Harry tossed the card in the trash.

“Zayn? You’ve barely said three words since you came in here… Everything okay?” I asked curiously, especially since Zayn and I talked about nearly everything all summer and now he’s choosing to hush up?

“Just thinking…Thinking about tomorrow I guess” Zayn said looking down at his shoes glumly.

“Well let’s not think about that until tomorrow, I want to have a fun careless night.” I smiled at him.

“Eh, you know. I not really feeling so great all the sudden. I think I’m going to take off” Zayn said still starring at the floor.

“Are you sure?” I asked sadly.

“Yeah, I’m going to take off. I’ll see you late Val, hope all goes well tomorrow” Zayn leant over and kissed me on the cheek and fled the room.

“That was strange” I said to Harry.

“Yeah it was. He’s probably just tired I guess.” Harry said.

I haven’t seen Harry in a week, since I started the chemo and radiation. It’s nice to just hang out together. I scooted over and made room in my bed for Harry to sit next to me. He happily got up and got under the covers with me.

“So how’s Remy been?” I asked, stifling laughter.

“Let’s just say I haven’t let him loose out front yet…” Harry joked.

“Hey!” I exclaimed and pushed him off the bed, making a loud thump as he landed on the ground.

“What was that for?” He asked.

“No funny business in there Valeria! You need your rest for tomorrow!!!” The nurse exclaimed from the door.

My eyes widened at her comment as I looked at Harry who was now wiggling his eyebrows at me from the ground.

We both broke out in a fit of laughter at the same time.

Harry climbed back into the bed and we both drifted off into a sleep, thinking about what tomorrow holds.