Chapter 12- I swear she can be a heartless bitch sometimes.

Val’s P.O.V

Once we were off the plane and inside the Philadelphia International Airport we got our bags and looked for my mother. She wasn’t exactly waiting for us… We found her in the Starbucks, how nice of her to think of her to pick us up… not.

“There you are Mom!” I faked excitement. I turned to Harry who seemed a little bit lost in his thoughts. “Mom this is Harry, Harry this is my Mom you can call her…” I was cut off by my mother.

“Lottie, you can call me Lottie. Nice to meet you Harry” she extended her hand to shake his.

“Nice to meet you Lottie!” Harry took her hand and shook it awkwardly and let go. I can just tell this is going to be a horrible week. I can’t wait to go back to Aunt Tally’s house and get this all over with.

“So Mom, lead us to the car so we can go back to the house and unpack.” I told her.

“Oh hun! I booked you two a hotel room! I sold the house and I live in a one bedroom apartment now!” She said laughing it off. I swear she can be a heartless bitch sometimes. I was fuming, where is all my stuff? How could she just sell the house without me!

“WHERE IS ALL MY STUFF? HOW COULD YOU JUST MOVE?!” I yelled at her almost screaming.

“Calm down Valeria, your stuff is in my storage unit! No need to worry! Your father and I agreed that we didn’t need the house anymore since we were divorcing. Now here are keys to a Rental car I rented for you and Harry. I assume you’ll be driving since he’s from England?” She said placing the car keys in my hand. She continued before I could object “Okay, well I’ll talk to you later about your appointment. Be sure to answer the hotel phone when I call dear. Enjoy your day; it was nice meeting you Harry!” she said and simply walked away.

Once she was out of sight I turned and gave Harry an apologetic look. “She’s something else isn’t she!” I said angrily. “I can’t stand her!” I continued “You know what? I’m glad I don’t have to share a house with her!” I said. But where exactly did she think I was going to stay after the summer was over… She said she got an apartment for one. She just goes off and sells the house like I was never even in her life.

“Val, just try and forget about it. We’ll go back to the hotel and just hang out.” Harry told me trying to calm me down.

“Yeah I guess we have to, you know since she’s confined me to the hotel room phone. I have to sit around and wait for her god damn phone call all day.” I said angrily. I guess it is a good idea to go back to the hotel since the time change, we could sleep a little. That way I can just gather my thoughts in peace.

When we got to the hotel it was seven at night. I was exhausted from the long hectic day; Harry seemed to be holding up okay though. We ordered room service for dinner. My mother could afford it, so could my father. They’re both very wealthy for reasons I could care less to know. My mother didn’t even care enough to get us a room with two beds. She’s so thoughtful, hint my sarcasm. Not that I minded sharing a bed with Harry, it just shows to prove her care for me.

“So what do you want to do Harry?” I asked him.

 I was lying on my stomach on the bed with my feet in the air; Harry was lying on the floor in front of me. We were both watching Glee on the wide screen T.V. I was now in my pajamas; I was wearing a pair of plaid pajama shorts and a One Direction T-shirt.

“Do you want to play a card game?” He suggested.

I just looked around and huffed. “Alright… There’s nothing else to do anyway.”

Harry got up and walked over to his suit case and pulled out a deck of cards. He came over to the bed and sat down with me; we both sat facing each other pretzel style like little kids at school.