Emma's Retells

It had been months since Elsa's death and my brother was visibly going insane. I couldn't blame him, he lost the love of his life but... the baby had lost her mother. Jack was ever so depressed and confused, he did not want to his see his pearl, in fear of doing something he might regret. Why? Was he blaming this child of that accident? Nobody knew. And I doubt we'll ever know.

Though he did assure he loved her, he wasn't able to name her. So, we decided to name her Luna since she was born on a full moon. During her baptism, Jack ran out to go throw up... He keeps hiding. His behavior could not last forever, especially when he had a child but at the same time, nobody could blame him. She died in front of his very eyes.

I must admit, I haven't been 100% myself either but I still took care of their daughter with the maids and was her only friend. I did try to help Jack but... Nothing would get through his head.

What if all this killed him? He... did skip a few meals after all. But at least he's eating which is good.

He doesn't smile and rarely talks. He's always either in his office or in his room, crying. I think he believes nobody hears him but we surely do, at least I do.

He has seen Luna. He doesn't hate her but I doubt he loves her as much as he did in the beginning... Poor baby. I must admit, seeing Luna always stings in my chest a bit since she looks like Elsa so much.

I think Jack doesn't want the baby
near him because he's afraid to break down and be even more depressed which is kind of understandable.

I'm worried about my brother but I'm scared for Luna's future. What if he completely loses it? I can't even imagine... The more time passed by, the less my brother was himself. And... To be honest, it affected me as well...

Oh Jack... What have you become?